Prologue

The band started to play a sweet music. A soothing sound that made me feel like I've been tucked in bed and angels sang a lullaby.

Everything is prestigious.

The way the ceiling depicts a starry sky. They're artificial but it seems so true and I am so lost in the fastasy it gives me.

I started to roam my eyes towards the entrance. I looked around and saw couples, partners and even lovers, together and hand in hand making a grand entrance.

Princesses in Disney have their Princes, everyone in here isn't a princess but they have their prince beside them.

And I am not a Princess, I am just a girl. Alone.

The master of ceremony is doing the talking, neverminding the oblivious students who are busy checking their looks and flirting with their dates. I knew all of them are looking forward for the dance later. Who knows a moment later they'll be on their feet towards the dancefloor with their crushes.

My friends called my name and so I went to them. I am thankful enough I have them.

"You look good." Eliza, one of my bestfriend cheered me.

"Thanks. Did you see him?" I asked.

"Ang Prinsipe mo?" Nevi giggled.

And she's right. I am desperately looking for my Prince Charming. Again, this isn't Disney but the feeling I have for that guy is feeding my fantasies in life.

"Kanina pa namin siya di nakikita eh." Eliza uttered.

Umupo nalang ako habang nagsasayawan ang lahat sa gitna and the program continued. Hanggang sa in-announce na ang King and Queen of the night. Parang wala ako sa sarili habang nagpapalakpakan ang lahat. I am busy with my phone to divert my attention and fight the boredom. I never expected that the ball would be this too normal.

Naiwan akong mag isa sa table.

The music stopped again and I heard murmurs around me kaya napa angat ako ng tingin.

I was momentarily flustered and my jaw literally dropped with the sight in front of me.

Everything was static. My vision focused on the guy in the middle and everything around him was blurry.

My Prince Charming.

He is standing. He looks great, he always look great but tonight he's into a different level.

Halos mapasinghap ako nang makita siyang unti unting naglalakad, naglalakad palapit sa akin. The crowd's full attention is directly on us.

I saw a small crown on his head. He saw me looking at it kaya kinuha niya ito at nilagay niya sa nadaanang mesa. I realized he is the King of the night. Di ko iyon napansin dahil di ako nakinig kanina.

Now he's meters away from me and he halted.

The blinding spotlight was pointed towards us and right now I feel like we're shining amidst the crowd.

Napabaling ako sa paligid. Hinahanap ang aking mga kaibigan, nakita ko sila sa malayo at parang kinikilig na nakatingin sa akin, sa amin.

Binalik ko ang atensiyon sa kanya.

He looks serious. He is actually a happy-type person pero pagdating sa akin ay nawawala ang kaniyang ngiti. But I love this look of him, this side of him made me love him more. At ngayon ay parang inaatake ako ng milyong milyong boltahe ng elektrisidad. I can feel my legs and feet vibrating due to nervousness.

Why is he like this?

I smiled at him. My usual smile, ang klase ng ngiti na sa kaniya ko lang maibibigay.