.22 Careful

Soft kisses starting from my shoulder and easing their way down my arm cause me to be pulled from my slumber in the middle of the night. The hands that followed, ran into my hair lightly and push the strands aside I knew all too well. It felt amazing to have his attention yet I stayed still and stubborn. In the dark room with only moonlight coming through the windows Ryker wouldn't get a reaction from me so easily. He was gone far too long with that woman and it was driving my heart crazy.

The warmth of his hand moving slowly over the skin of my back send a shiver through me. I could tell he knew I was awake. But he said nothing still while caressing me, doing his best for a bigger reaction. It wasn't fair that in his cold room he was the warmest thing around me.

His hands, lips, and body worked together to touch, pull, and claim soft parts of me. My breathing picked up as I gripped my sheets tightly. I wanted to give in so badly. Even with clothing on his temperature was like a volcano once he pressed up against me. My eyes shot open as he leaned in close to bite down on my shoulder, successfully tugging a moan from my lips that echoed around the room. It was enough for me to realized how weak I could be to this man.

My chest throbbed as I slowly tilted my head back, seeing the slightly dark outline of his body. I knew he was looking back at me and that thought was exciting. "Who is she Ryker?" It was a softly spoken and forbidden question Zele warned me about, but I stopped caring on why.

The touching slowed and the kissing stopped. His outline seemed to move closer as he gave me more of his attention. "She is nothing I wish to speak about while I am with you in this moment." 

I would've melted before, even nodded and gave into him. But this was not like before and I was not like before. Shifting slightly in the bed to face him better the thick blanket slid down from over us. "But she is something I wish to talk about in this moment." The warmth of his hand settles slowly on my cheek, pulling me to him to lay a soft kiss on my lips. My cheeks warmed as I leaned closer into him to return the kiss. Thoughts floated around in my head and one stood out the most. Was he trying to distract me? 

Knowing the answer already I lifted my own hand to rest on his cheek, loving the feeling of his stubble on his jaw. A moment of passion flowed through me before it ended and I bit down hard on his lower lip. Ryker jerked away from me but I moved with him, shifting to get on top of him and pinning his hands down onto the bed quickly. We both were more in the moonlight now, his surprised eyes meeting my glaring one. "What...is she to you?" I still spoke softly, not wanting to disrupt the quiet night too much. 

Ryker slowly opened his mouth to speak, his eyes turning amused. "My fiancé." It was a simply small title that caused my heart to shatter and ball up in my chest. My grip on his wrist grew weak and I leaned down closer to him feeling betrayed. 

"You said....I would be the only one." I thought he was keep his word. No others, or does she not take the title on the same level as me. Was she above me?

Ryker was quick to take his moment and drop his hands down to my hips to grip. He sat forward, pushing me back until he was over me. I relaxed into the bed as he pressed his body over mine to keep me pinned. "You are the only one." His lips found their way to my chin again. Kisses soft and warm traveling their way up to my ear where he spoke softly to me. "I will make sure she is never in our way again."

My hands trembled as I grew more confused. Gazing past him at the dark ceiling I couldn't find the words I needed. My throat felt dry and my head was starting to pin. "She....You....lies..."

The shift of energy in the room was felt like freezing bucket of water. Ryker sat over me and leaned back to look at me in the eyes. "She was placed as my fiancé since before we both were born. I tried to stop it but my voice was far too small to be heard. So I ignored it, hoping she would forget. But she didn't and she has returned to marry." His body weight shifted between my legs before I could notice he spread them to settle into. "I do not plan to marry her. I have sent her away with money many times but she keep returning. But this will be her last time....she shouldn't have threatened you." His tone was even all through out his explanation, cold even. 

Tilting my head and pushing my words out, I resisted hitting the man across his face. "She...threatened me? She wont come back?" I wanted to know if a repeat of the winter trip would happen again. The thought caused my tears to push forward and shine my eyes like gloss. 

Still watching me as if I was the most interesting thing in his words, Ryker didn't take his eyes away form me. "She will never step foot anywhere ever again my love. I made sure Zele took good care of her travels this time." 

It was something in the way he spoke that reminded me of the way I thought before. The darkness in them was terrifying. But the darkness in him was alluring. Shifting onto my elbows to lean up and closer to him I tried to blink my tears away. "No marriage? Just us? Always?"

He closed the space between us to kiss my trembling lips. "Always." It felt a promise with a demon right from hell, and I loved it. Reaching my hands up to him and keeping his body close to mine I gave in to him. Melting into his hands and warmth. Our lips met again for a kiss that was heavy, passionate, and full of love.  

-------------------------------------

Zele p.o.v 

The screaming was the most difficult part to not enjoy. It came in many different tones and they all were very nice. This one in particular was one I wanted to hear for many years. It belonged to a being that shouldn't have ever been able to enter my masters life. A dark entity that took the form of a woman with beauty. A creature that fooled all but the master and I. Her siren song was gone, in its place was my old special notes. She couldn't stop them, and I was following my orders closely.

"Do you know why you're here Ms. Loffett?" Twisting the blade in her leg for an answer, she gave another scream and I accepted it. "You're here because you threatened to take away someone very special to the master. Do you remember what you said?" Walking away from the tied up woman sitting in the chair under a dim candle light I gave her room to breathe and speak properly. 

I could feel her frightened and bloodshot eyes following me as moved to my table of blades I've collected from all ends of the words in my travels. Her voice was filled with a tremble that had no affect on me. "I-I-I said....I said I would s-s-strangle the m-man with black hair in the n-n-night-but please! I didn't mean it! Please tell him! Tell Ryker I've learned and I won't bother him again! Him or Kia!"

My grip on the short weakened and blade slipped from my grasp as I heard her words. The clatter of it hitting the metal table making her go silent. Turning slightly to look at the bloodied woman she started to shake more knowing her mistake. "You should never say Masters and Mr. Kia's name with such a filthy mouth. A lady such as yourself is no lady at all. You've caused Mr. Kia a lot of worry. I shall end that tonight Ms. Loffett." Looking back at the blades I decided on the biggest one. Specially known to be great at cutting flesh from bone. 

.    .     .     .    .     .

Placing the bloodied cloth in the trash can as I walked the halls I made sure the house was sleeping soundlessly. After being sure the guard dogs in the basement were fed their meat, I moved over each level, saving the top for last. Passing a few guards that only come out at night I acknowledge them as they stand at their post.

Once I reach the last level of the home I didn't get the make it too far before the sound of moans floated in echos around me. Fixing my suit jacket I turned back around and made my way back down the stairs quietly. Knowing Master and Mr. Kia were feeling much better with each other was a satisfactory ending to this night. 

_____________________________________

Short but it gets the mess out of the way! I'll be sure to keep the other chapters above 2,000 words as always! 

E.E out!