.24 Black wings

Ch.24

   Ryker's p.o.v

It was always known to me that keeping these names weren't logical to others. But to me it helps. When I come into this room the nightmares stop and the screams go silent for a while. The only other to do that for me was Kia and yet he ran.

He ran from me with a fear in his eyes that left me stuck in place. The sight of his raven black hair flowing behind him as he ran from me was strangely beautiful. I didn't like it, but I admired it. He was beautiful.

When his body disappeared from my sight I felt my world shift. It rocked and swayed from the sea of regret building around me. I didn't want Kia to ever fear me and yet his body no longer wanted my touch. His deep dark eyes didn't want to look my way. He was my lover that was now scared of my love.

"Master!" The strong voice of Zele caused me to look up at him immediately. He watched me closely before stepping away from the entrance of this room to show the empty hall before me. "Mr. Kia was found at the front gate. We have moved him to his chambers immediately so his doctor can look him over. Would you like to check on him?"

I wanted to. I really wanted to see him and touch him. "No.....No I think it'll be good to not bother him until he may call for me. Zele....don't make him a prisoner." He was my lover, my heart, I've killed for him. He was always free around me.

Zele face showed no change yet he did take longer then usual to answer me. "This home is filled with people who wish to protect you Master Ryker. If your lover is still a part of you then your wish is our commands."

Forcing my legs to move and start walking I left the room slowly as Zele closed the doors behind us. "And if my lover is no longer a part of me?" It was a clear threat to Kia from him.

"Then is it still a lover?" His tone was cold and it made my chest tighten.

Tilting my head slightly to look at Zele I matched his cold look with my own. The hall had a chill in it and the tension was building all around. "Do not treat him like a prisoner. That is my order. If I have to repeat it a third time....I hope your ears are still connected to you when I do." I have never threatened Zele in all the years he's been with me. It was a odd feeling but one I welcomed if he didn't understand no one came before Kia.

Zele soon dropped his eyes from mine and stopped walking behind me to bow slightly. "Yes Master."

Taking my eyes off him I kept walking down the hall with heartache. The only place I wanted to go was to Kia's arms. Knowing there is a time for things I headed towards my own chambers. Time alone to think over how I've hurt my love is the start of my own punishment.

-------------------------------

    Kia p.o.v

I remember there once was a single second of peace that covered me whenever I awoke to the creamy ceiling of my chambers. It was bliss that seemed never ending yet only a few seconds long. I was happy to awake to this place of wonders that often seemed too good to be true. I wanted to stay believing in that wishful lie. 

Even after the bad thoughts. Even after the assault. The kidnapping. The pain. The acceptance. I let everything bathe over me and kept forcing myself forward.

So why should I stop?

I wanted this all my life: Freedom to make my own choices and find a savoir. Now that I knew my lover was a wolf in sheep's clothing clearly, why should I stop being wishful? I can't change his past. I have accepted his present long ago. I already know he was a beast. 

I'm scared. But I'm sick of being scared. Sick of hiding and calling out for another to help me. I said I would tame him and I will hold myself true to that. I am not weak.