36

iris: WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN

finn: y/n will see.

wyatt: (smirking) oh

sadie: hmmmmm.

jack: i'm scared.

jaeden: he's buying protection!

sophia: JAEDEN WHY NOOOO

wyatt: lord forgive us

sofia: JAEDEN NO NO NO!

after a few hours the group hung up and stopped playing.

"so, carnival?" finn asked looking at y/n. she beamed and happily nodded.

y/n got dressed with a simple outfit. she wore a black button up crop top with high waisted shorts and her doc martens. finn wore his oversized plantasia shirt tucked into black jeans with black high top converse.

the pair had nick drive them to the carnival. "why can't you drive finn?" y/n asked as they got in the car. this made nick burst into laughter

"i failed my drivers test. twice. i gave up." nick started laughing even more as he began trying to start the car. "nick you are gonna break the car if you try and open it while laughing."

the two got dropped off at the carnival and said goodbye to nick.

finn obviously didn't know, but carnivals were y/n's favorite place. it's where she'd been going for years during summer as a safe place. she imagined her first date and even first kiss would be at one.

"so, what do we go on first?" finn asked turning to y/n. she was smiling bigger than she thought she ever had, it made finn smile too.

"the swings! the swings the swings the swings!"

"swag, look, the line isn't even that long! let's just get wrist bands and then go here first."

the two walked over to the lineless ticket booth. they both gave eachother a happy look knowing that they wouldn't have to stand there and wait for tickets.

finn leaned down so he could actually talk to the person working the booth. "hello hi, uh two wrist bands ple-"

"YOU'RE FINN WOLFHARD! WOAH WOW WOW," the employee cut him off. y/n giggled earning a glare from the employee.

"and y/n l/n, wow ..." she spoke with a monotone voice and a lot less enthusiasm than she had before.

"yes, i'm finn. now two wrist bands please."

the employee sighed and nodded. "the total for both is $44.04."

finn paid for the two and they ran off holding hands to the swings.

the two were getting on on the next ride. "i say we run for the (your favorite color!) seats," y/n started. "i mean i know theres more than one of the same color, but i wanna be safe and not sorry. it's just my favorite color."

"oh we will get those seats then, anything for you mi amore," finn joked.

"simp."

"stop! i will not hesitate to pick another color instead."

the gates opened for the ride and finn and y/n ran to the (your favorite color!) seats. they sat down almost out of breath.

"heck yeah! we did that," y/n said breathing heavily as she held her chest.

"hell yeah baby," finn smiled holding up his hand. the two high fived before turning back to the front of the ride.

"hey finn, before the ride starts, what was the surprise you were working on for me when you said you couldn't talk to me in the airport?"

"you'll see, tonight actually. and then added on is the deal i made with nick, it's gonna be a fun day y/n."

y/n giggled and gave a small, "yeah, okay." before the ride started.

↴

y/nl/n: jk comments are limited to only me 😌