37

the two were having fun mostly ignoring their phones. y/n did see a few posts in her tags about her and finn, but she didn't care at all. finn was almost like her escape from all this hate she was getting.

"ATTENTION, ATTENTION! THE CARNIVAL WILL CLOSE IN FIVE MINUTES, PLEASE START EXITING THE ESTABLISHMENT!"

"awh darn! isn't it like two hours before they close? what the heck."

"nope, this is part one of tonight." y/n had a confused look on her face until she saw the carnival manager walk up to the two.

"so you're positive the stranger things cast will come here? you're not just lyin to me right, we need our reputation to go up," the manager asked finn.

finn nodded, "why would i ever lie about something like that?" the manager just nodded and y/n watched as finn handed him a stack of money.

"well then, you two have fun," he said as he walked off counting the money.

"what the fuck was that?" y/n asked with a confused and almost concerned look.

"y/n, money and fame can get you literally anything, including 2 extra hours alone at a carnival," the boy smiled watching y/n's face light up.

"you're kidding, what!?"

"so, what ride do we go on next?"

after about an hour y/n started to get hungry. she realized that she hadn't actually eaten since breakfast and neither had finn.

"hey, do you think the foodstands are still opened?" y/n asked tugging at finn's shirt.

"oh yeah, definitely, you wanna eat?"

"yes my stomach is deadass growling at this point." finn laughed and the two walked together trying to find where they'd wanna eat.

"so i say we both yell out what we want at the same time to see if we're synced." finn turned to y/n as they walked.

"yeah, super fun totally."

"alright 3 ... 2 ... 1."

"FUNNEL CAKE."

"holy fuck no way funnel cake is the best carnival dessert?" y/n said with an almost shocked look considering she never really knew anyone who liked funnel cake that much. her friends always thought it was too sweet.

"i've been saying that for years, we do be kinda synced doe." y/n laughed before the two ran off hand in hand to find the nearest place to get funnel cake.

the two found a table to sit at and eat the cake they'd just got. "i love how no matter what carnival you go to, the funnel cake always tastes the same," y/n giggled as she took a bite out of her food. finn just sat there absolutely zoned out.

he was just now realizing that y/n was a real person. i mean, yes, y/n was obviously real, but the past day had just felt like a dream to him.

but it was real, she was real, and everything that was happening was real. he stared at the girl, all her features, every little thing he found absolutely perfect about the girl.

her (hair length), (hair color), (hair type) hair, her eyes that narrowed as she furrowed her brows, her nose that scrunched up in confusion, her soft looking pink lips.

"finn? hello? earth to fi-"

but the girl was cut off by finn's lips crashing onto hers. the girl kissed back for a moment before finn pulled away.

"i- i am so so sorry i just-"

but the boy was also cut off by y/n leaning back in, cupping finns cheeks, and kissing him again. finn pulled the girl closer by the waist. y/n didn't want that kiss to end, it made her feel like all her worries, problems, concerns, and negative thoughts were leaving her body as she sank into the boy's touch.

y/n pulled away and looked up into the boy's eyes.

"there was no need to apologize finn," she assured him with a smile. the two were both blushing messes, laughing at eachother awkwardly after y/n's comment.

"hey, the park is closing in like 5 minutes, you guys gotta start heading out," the manager said walking past the two, the money still in his hand from two hours ago.

"alright, thanks for letting us do this!" the manager ignored finn still obsessing over the money. "well then.. it's time for part two of tonight," finn said getting up and holding his hand out to help y/n up.

"how many parts are there again?"

"two. three if you include going home, because we both know what happened last time we slept."

y/n lightly and playfully punched finn's arm as the two walked out of the carnival.