39

the two were now done eating and walking out the restaurant tiredly to nick's car.

"so, you guys had fun?" nick asked as they two climbed into the back seats together.

"yes, we're just really tired," finn answered for him and y/n since she looked like she was seconds away from falling asleep. however, she was, she buckled her seatbelt in and as soon as nick started driving the girl fell asleep.

finn pulled her over and gently let her head rest on his shoulder. she would've had horrible neck pain if i'd let her sleep like that, finn thought, i'm definitely doing the right thing here.

"so, what'd you guys do?" nick asked breaking the silence in the car as he heard y/n's soft snores.

"we went on rides, ate funnel cake, normal carnival things i guess, and then ate dinner." he obviously left out the two's kiss, he felt like nick would ask nonstop questions if he found out.

"hm, alright, i totally believe you," nick chuckled.

"what is there not to believe?"

"the fact that thats all you guys did."

"but we did do all of that what."

"never said you didn't finn, i just know you're leavin stuff out." finn didn't respond. he began turning red, but it wasn't like he was embarrassed. he didn't know what he was feeling, but he felt a bit better thinking about y/n.

he thought about the night before, the cuddling, the way he felt around y/n and the way he knew y/n felt around him, and of course the two's kiss.

he knew y/n wasn't great with self confidence and sometimes he blamed himself for that. if he'd never responded to her tweet, she wouldn't have a bunch of disgusting and ignorant people hating on whatever she did.

but of course, finn was forever grateful for responding to her tweet. if he never did, he wouldn't have met the girl or even known who she was. and now that he knew her, he loved her. he was positive he was madly in love with this girl, and he was almost positive she felt the same.

nick pulled into the driveway of their home and turned off the car. not even waiting for finn, nick walked out the car and walked into the house as he was almost as tired as finn and y/n. finn picked the girl up and got out the car, he didn't wanna wake her up, she was sleeping so peacefully.

finn carried y/n into the house and locked the door before making his way up to his room. he set y/n down on his bed only to realize the girl was still fully dressed.

well fuck, he thought, now i have to wake her up.

"y/n," he whispered as loud as he could, "y/n we're home."

y/n's eyes began opening and she smiled at the sight of finn in front of her.

"since when did we get here?" y/n asked in her tired, raspy voice.

"a few minutes ago, i carried you in." y/n blushed and smiled hearing the boy's words. "you can go back to sleep, i just wanted to make sure you got changed so you didn't sleep in your clothes."

y/n stretched as she stood up. before walking over to her suitcase, she stood on her tip toes and kissed finn's cheek. "thank you for caring for me finn."

"theres no need to thank me, y/n. why wouldn't i care for a friend," finn joked.

"friend?" y/n questioned with a smirk.

"for now." the two laughed together before y/n grabbed some stuff to sleep in and walked to the bathroom to change. finn stayed in his room and changed as well.

once y/n walked back into the room finn was changed and in bed waiting for her so they could fall asleep together.

y/n hopped in the bed right next to him and finn covered her with his blanket.

"also, finn, thank you for today and everything. since i met you you've made me feel happy when literally nothing else could," y/n admitted with a smile.

finn pulled her close. "y/n, you don't have to thank me for loving you. who wouldn't?"

"you love me?"

"of course i do, how could i not. y/n, you are perfect in every way."

y/n started blushing furiously, she couldn't take affection. she didn't accept herself enough to receive love from others, and whenever she did she never knew how to act.

"i love you too finn, if anything i love you more."

"nuh uh, i definitely love you more."

"we are not doing that!"

finn chuckled, "goodnight my lovely little angel."

y/n blushed as she snuggled up closer to the boy, "goodnight finnie, sweet dreams."