11ღ

"What?" Alecia smacked through the phone. I was trying to explain to her why I couldn't leave the house, while skating around the important details. As you may have guessed, it was a fail. "You're telling me that we're about to miss this Nelly concert; mind you we planned this whole night 8 months ago, because your legs are sore?" I could hear her huff air of disbelief in the background.

I wouldn't want to miss the concert for the world, but I won't put myself in danger to hear a couple of songs live. Besides, I need to take this time to learn as much as I can about the mafia before I wed Cristian. I don't think I've come to terms with the fact that I'm about to be married. 

A wife.

Possibly a mother.

Holy shit.

"I don't know if you was at your boyfriend's house and he said- did - some shit to you, but girl...." Cristian walks up behind me and places his hands on my lower back. He mouths, who are you talking to?  I speechlessly reply that it was Alecia and he sort of cringes. He and her didn't get along so well. Before Italy, she barely knew him, henceforth why she really didn't give any care about him, but ever since I started flaking out on her, she started pinning her blame and irritation onto him. 

I place the phone on speaker and place it down, kissing up on Cristian while she continues on her rant. "Are you even listening- I know he's there! Matter of fact, put him on the phone!" He flashes an embarrassed smile at me at clears his throat. "What's up Ale-" She cuts him off. "Oh hell no. Not today. Why are you isolating my friend?!" He laughs, "Isolating? That's a bit of a stretch. I don't tell her what to do." 

Eh....

"Oh, is that so?" Alecia retorts. "Yeah, that is so," Cristian replies, a little annoyed. That's where the mild arguing ensues. "That's crazzzzzzy," Alecia says dragging out 'crazy', "Because I swear once Monet started staying at your house; mansion, whatever the fuck it is, I went from seeing my best friend everyday to not-at-all. You're  the factor here, nigga." Sarcastically, Cristian gasps. I have a hunch that it's his favorite thing to do to mess with people. "Woah! Don't throw around derogatory terms now!" I roll my eyes at Cristian. He's just feeding to the fire... finna get his ass kicked.  

"We'll see you at that Nelly concert though," Cristian adds. I look at him wide-eyed. "Good. See you later then, Cristian." She spits. "Bye, Mo." She hangs up the phone.  

"You're trying to get us killed." I say, "We have to take some type of precaution if we want to surviv-" he cuts me off with a kiss. I melt into him immediately, temporarily forgetting my worries. I'm a sucker for this heifer. 

"Relax ma douce timide, all of our allies are looking for Matteo." I didn't feel any better. Matteo was in hiding after the Naples Hotel bombing while the authorities were searching for him and his accomplices. Many of the De la Rue's rival gangs were coming after us as allies went after him. The stress gets to me a lot, sometimes I can't sleep at night. I don't know how Cristian does it. "This isn't going to end well, is it?" I ask him, my arms draped across his shoulder. "The only thing that matters," he picks me up by my waist and plops me down on his couch. I straddle him. "Is that you stay alive." My eyebrows knit together. "But your family-" he interrupts me and repeats himself again, "The only thing that matters is that you stay alive." I get off of his lap and sit next to him, realizing there's a presence of maids in the room. 

Awkward....

"Y'know... you never asked me to be your actual girlfriend. We just assumed it." He looks up from his phone. "Your point is?" I smile and shake my head. The embarrassment kind of setting in. "Nothing, nevermind." It clicks in his head, "Oh-ho," he reaches for my hand. "Will you be my girlfriend, love?" Genuinely, I smile at him and nod my head. "Now that we're official, it's kinda weird calling you my boyfriend."