The Vampires Pet - Chapter 3

I nervously sat in the Limo, doing my best to keep the dress over my thighs and also keep my legs firmly together else the driver would get a good look at my comprimising situation. Sebastian sat to the left of me, on the side of the Limo, tapping away at his Blackberry.

A sigh escaped his lips, catching my attention. "Your scent is distracting me."

What could I say to that? 

"Come." He slid down the seat and pressed a button, causing a black screen to go up between the driver and ourselves. When I didn't, his voice became more of a demand than a suggestion. "Come!"

The pitch of his voice and the glint of his blue eyes made me hesitantly stand and shift to sit next to him, once again doing my best to keep the dress down. 

A dark smile crossed Sebastian's face, "No," his voice sounded humerous now as he patted his knee. "Sit."

I froze. My body wouldn't move. My mind went blank. I didn't have much experience with men. See, my father was a little too over protective with me. He and my mother already had a son, Adam, and when the he became six years old, they decided to try for another child. Only trying for a child turned from weeks, to months, to eventually trying years and years to conceive and when I finally did come along, my brother was twelve. 

Only my complicated birth rendered my mother unable to have anymore children. And so, I became the baby of the family. 

At first I was a daddy's girl all over. I refused anything from my mother and only took a bottle if my father was offering. I even screamed and screamed the house down when my mother rocked me to sleep until my father would sigh and take over. Then I'd fall instantly asleep. 

As I aged, I became obsessed with my big brother and followed him everywhere. To me, he and my father were my heroes. I had the same meals as they both did and if they had different meals, I had a little of each. Along with my dad, Adam had an extremely protective streak for me. 

My teenage years spun around meeting my curfew and having a protective brother spit threats at the guys who looked at me. Since the time Adam pinned a guy up against the wall for whistling at me, no guy in my school dared to even talk to me - never mind kiss me. 

Just thinking of them caused me to wonder what they were doing. Were they looking for me? 

I didn't get to finish my pondering because impatient hands slid around me and dragged me over his knee. My hands went straight to the dress that decided to ride up and pulled it as far down as I could. "There. Not so bad, huh?"

I looked up to see Sebastian's face just as smug as his voice sounded. One of his hands rested at the lower of my back and the other hung languidly over my knee. His eyes were fixated upon my shoulder but as they looked up into my eyes, I averted my gaze quickly and swallowed hard. 

A slight shiver ran up my back as he gently rubbed his thumb in a circle at the lower of my back. 

"You're afraid of me," He murmured gently. "Don't be. I won't hurt you, sweet Hallie." When I said nothing he added, "You can speak to me. I won't be mad. Tell me anything you like."

It took a moment or two for me to find my voice. "Why?"

My voice shook a little from not being used much and no matter how strong I tried to make the word, it still came out shaky. 

"Why what?" His voice became soft as his hand moved from my back to brush a lock of my hair away from my face. 

"Why am I here?" Again the words were shaky.