The Vampires Pet - Chapter 10

I woke groggily to the disturbing sounds of a gang of men shouting directions at each other, their voices full of triumph. The undeniable storm of horses feet raked a snarl from the ground. 

They were near. 

Panic sickened my body as I lurched to my feet, my gaze sliding over to the half vamping-half werewolf leaning against a tree trunk with his arms crossed and a bored expression across his face. 

"What's that?" My voice faulted as a whoop of exhiliration shivered through the barks of the trees and into my ears. 

"The chivelry." Luke answered, his muscles bunching as he made way over to where I was to move my sleeping bag.

As I opened my mouth to reply, a storm of motion burst from the trees. My body swivelled around to take in five vampires on horseback, the steeds a stunning mahogany, the colour staining all of their body and paining down their willowy legs brandishing darker to a deep black. 

"My Lord!" A blonde vampire yelled with triumph, a crooked smile curving his ageless face. The brightness of his eyes from the hunt -me!- eerily studied my small frame, the cruel smile making me want to close my eyes so physically to me he wasn't there. "The pet is aquired!"

A valient beast stormed through the foilege, the sun beating off the horses black coat casting a mystical shimmer of blue through it.

My breath caught as the magestic animal stormed through the heard of horses to take position at the front. 

But that wasn't why my breath caught.

My gaze flickered over the powerful thoroughbred and rested on the rider. 

I sucked in a deep breath of air, the butterflies in my stomach suddenly coming to life, spreading through my veins. I continued to take the rider in as they rode all the way up to his face, appreciating every inch of skin, bone and muscle. 

And oh, what a honed body that was. 

Powerful, yet suttle. 

Deadly, yet beautiful. 

My eyes froze on his mouth, my tongue rubbing against the roof of my mouth with want. Those sensuous lips had once kissed the pulse of my throat in the most seductive of ways before the bite of his dark kiss peirced my vulnerable skin, setting my body aflame with a passion I never knew existed. 

I let out a breathy sigh and my gaze continued to drink him in, greedy for every feature. 

Our eyes locked, my soft blue's to his stony blue's, his piercing stare ensnaring me body and soul. 

Sebastian...

"Ah-ha!" Sebastian exclaimed, his voice dripping with excitment from the hunt, "there you are, my pet!"

Jolting the horse forward, the beast slinked up to me, towering over my slight frame in a gulp worthy way. I watched unable to speak as he swung his muscular thigh over the horse's side and slid down the valiant beast. 

Turning his gaze caught mine. 

"Ah, you are a gift, Hallie!" Sebastian bellowed loud enough to be heard over the stamping of horses feet. "Such a treasure! There's nothing like a good hunting excercise to raise our spirits, is it not gentlemen?"

A roar of cheers came from the group, startling some of the horses. I took a cautious step back. 

"My lord, your time of arrival was, as always, impeccable." Luke's voice cut over Hallie's shoulder.