Chapter 4

"Chris? Hello?" Alex yelled from downstairs

"be down in a second" Chris yelled back then turned his eyes back to me

"Look I'll answer all your questions you have but your brothers really want to see you again Avianna I understand if your not ready but if you can, please come down stairs we'll be in the kitchen." And with that he held his gaze on me for a few moments then got up and left my room.

Well this is great! What do I do now? I'd be lying if I said I didn't wonder what they're like now. Am I ready? What if they ask me things I'm not ready to answer? things I'll never be able to answer. I got up and went into my bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror.

I let a tear escape. What has my life come to? Why couldn't my mom love me? Why did she take me? And what does my dad play in all this? Chris didn't mention him earlier. I left my bathroom made my way out of my room.

Okay Avi you can do this. They're your brothers what the worst that can happen? I made my way down the stairs and into the kitchen. It's weird it's like I barely remember this place but my body knows where everything is I don't know how to explain it

Walking into the kitchen I froze. All seated at the island first I noticed Chris and next to him was Treavion dressed in jeans and simple t-shirt, next to him was Spencer in sweatpants and a muscle shirt which showed off all his tattoos, next to him was Brian , and finally Alex in the Same attire as Chris dress shirt rolled up sleeves and dress pants. I was taking everything in I didn't realize they were all staring right back at me, examining me.

All the sudden my vision went blurry. I can't do this, this is too much. I turned on my heel and ran back upstairs, ignoring the several boys yelling my name. I reached my room made sure to lock the door. Sliding against my door I broke down. What's wrong with me? I'm so weak. I'm broken.

Seeing them was like staring into my own eyes. I felt something something I don't want to feel. No I shouldn't love them they didn't come for me. Chris's story could be a lie, they're not my brothers no there just some people who share the same DNA.

I know I'm lying to myself. Because the truth was I did love them. But who knows if they love me I mean they haven't seen me in 10 years a lot can happen in a decade. I was interrupted by my thoughts with a knock on my door.

"Avianna..." an unfamiliar voice said in a soft voice

"It's Brian" he said.

"What do you want" I said trying not to sound like I've been crying

"Can I come in?"

"No"

"Okay then we can talk like this" he said and I heard a thump on the floor. Was he sitting on the floor?