14

N A T H A N

Well if any mission could be counted as fucked up, this would be in the top five.

It had actually started out promising. North and I had been given look-out, which wasn't surprising for this, given there were only six of us, and Sang. We'd gone to our assigned places, waiting while we watched the messy bun app on our phones come alive with cameras.

Victor would probably change the messy bun into something a little more her, once he decided he'd figured her out a little better. I didn't have to guess to know this, because when adding it to our phones he'd repeated this information to everyone, like he thought the bun wasn't clear enough to us.

Maybe he thought we'd confuse her for Luke somehow.

Regardless, I was there, outside her parent's room, when the bathroom cam went up. Not that I'd admit it if the others asked, but I was only watching the cameras that Sang helped put up.

Things went to shit quickly, as Sang's sister woke up. The cameras didn't have audio feed, so I was left in confusion when Sang suddenly began to shove Luke into her room. We didn't have cameras set up there, but when I swapped to the hall cam that had just popped up, I could see Kota going into a hall closet. He shut the door, but not before looking directly into the camera.

No sooner did the door close, did I get a white flag from Kota. Uncomfortable?

A bedroom opened and a girl stepped out. It was clear that she was not Sang, even in the dark as she made her way to the bathroom. She flipped on the light, and when she didn't bother to close the door I risked swapping to the bathroom cam.

To see her pop a nasty pimple that went against the mirror, and if I didn't hate her for what came next, I'd have been slightly impressed.

Her face jerked in the direction of Sang's room, so fast I thought she might break her neck. She left the mirror nasty and stalked her way towards the room I knew two members of this team were hiding in.

North was next to me now.

"I just installed the porch cam, do you know what's going on?" he sounded irritated as I watched him navigate the many cameras that were already installed.

A few on the bottom floor were still being installed, and while I worried, I knew it was a contingency of the plan. We were to try and get as many done while we could.

The bedroom I stood next to remained unaware of what was about to unfold, what was unfolding.

I turned my phone to North and he immediately brought up the hallway camera, so that we had both visuals as Sang's sister what's-her-face, stalked across the hall and towards Sang and Luke. I swallowed in anticipation, and the sister flung the bedroom door open.

The angle was bad, especially as Luke got into the doorway while he tried to sneak out, unnoticed by the sister. It was the most important part of the plan: that we not be caught. I watched as he hesitated and turned towards Sang and her sister, though without audio, I couldn't tell why.

Then we watched as Sang and her sister continued to converse. North tugged me towards the front of the house, but I shook my head, shoving him that direction.

"You go, I need to make sure they don't wake up, too."

He nodded, leaving me in the dark.

North was fully out of sight when the sister pulled her arm back and clocked Sang right in the side of the face. It wasn't an unpracticed blow, either. This girl had been in fights before, and by the way she launched herself at Sang, I knew she wasn't going easy on her.