22

I insisted on getting to take a shower. There was at least two days' worth of sweat on my body, and I knew my hair looked ridiculous, even though Gabriel's braids were beautiful. I didn't like seeing the scratches on my scalp, and I felt dirty.

The shower in Mr. Blackbourne's master suit was larger than any I'd ever seen before. He got it all set and working for me while Gabriel pulled out this and that for me. He grabbed a black bag with pink straps and opened it up.

"Okay, so while you were asleep, I had to stay busy, so I made you a formula I think you'll like. It smells like strawberries- that was North's suggestion. But the scent is the least important part of the formula- unless it's like lavender or some shit to calm you."

"Wait, you're telling me you made this shampoo and conditioner yourself?"

He nodded, still looking down in the black bag.

"Gabriel! That's so cool! I didn't know you could do that kind of thing..."

He looked up, his blue eyes still circled with deep sleep smears, but the color in his eyes was as vibrant as ever. "It's just something I do. It's not as important as Victor's techy stuff or Kota's smarts. Or North knows how to work on cars... I just make shampoo."

My good hand snaked out and I smacked his shoulder lightly, like I'd seen the others do to eachother periodically.

"Gabriel Coleman. You're just as important as anyone on our team."

Gabriel stopped looking through the bag, grinning up at me with this dopey look I couldn't quiet interpret.

"What?"

He shook his head at me, "nothing. You're good, here, I made you some exfoliating body scrub with rose sugar, it smells really good." He handed me a small jar, and then gave me a new toothbrush along with toothpaste.

"What, you don't make your own toothpaste as well?"

"Only for Luke, I don't know if it's my recipe or a superpower to accredit his lack of cavities to."

He said it so offhand, without even looking at me. I could tell he didn't think his hard work was impressive as I thought it was. Which made me sad, but I knew it wasn't something me fawning over him was going to change, at least not in one interaction.

I made a mental note about it.

Dr. Sean finished taping the plastic over my casted hand, and I thanked him.

"Okay wait, am I supposed to call you Dr. Green, Dr. Sean, Or just Sean?"

He tilted his head at me and smiled, "all are welcome, but you can call me whatever you want," he winked, and I felt a soft blush heat my cheeks.

Mr. Blackbourne pulled towels out of a cupboard and placed them on his large counter, next to the pile of clothing I'd chosen from three outfits Gabriel had presented to me.

"Alright gentleman, I believe she can handle it from here."

I smiled as they all filed out of the bathroom, and even more so when Gabriel called over his shoulder some last-minute instructions on how long to let the conditioner sit. When I finally got undressed and stepped up to the shower, I realized it was cooler than I'd originally thought.

Not only did water come out of the shower head, but there were bars in each corner of the standing shower that sprayed rough streams out and a cascade of water above me. Like it was raining.

I stepped into bliss and steam. And despite my eagerness to meet the Storsen boys, I took my time. When I finally stepped out, even though my fingers had gotten wrinkled and my body was red from how hot I'd turned the water up, I still eyed the large jacuzzi tub in the corner of the master bathroom.