cheater cheater lemon eater (sadness/fluff)

warnings: cheating

word count: 727

you stand in the elevator that is in the apartment complex at colby lives in. you tap your foot on the ground, nibbling on your fingernail. you didn't tell the male you ever coming over but you needed someone to talk to. colby was always there for you. anytime you needed someone, he would always be the first to volunteer to help you.

once the elevator dings to his floor, you exit. you speed walk to his apartment. you hesitated to knock on the door, but then you gave a soft knock. you could hear colby shuffling from his spot on the couch over to the doorway.

"hello.." he started, "oh hey, (y/n)!" colby exclaimed. his expression quickly changed once he saw your state. you didn't look like yourself, you looked bummed out.

you were finding it hard to speak, so you just wrapped your arms around colby, you face now buried in his chest. he shut the door behind you guys, hugging you back. he rubbed your back softly as you began to sniffle.

"hey, hey, what's the matter?" he pulled away, his thumb going up to your face to wipe a tear that was falling down your cheek. his rings were cold on your cheek.

"he..he..cheated on m-me.." you finally were able to get your words out, taking see breaths so that you could stop crying. colbys expression was a mix of worry and anger. he pulled away with his hands on your shoulders. he didn't want to let go of you.

"what?! how could he do that to you!" colby exclaimed, the boy was pissed.

you just shrugged, a small sigh escaping your lips. tears began to stream down your face yet again. you had only found out about the whole thing about an hour ago, thanks to kat who had caught your significant other with flirting with another lady over text.

"i'm so sorry.." colby said softly, rubbing your shoulders. you two just said their for a moment in silence before colby grabbed your wrists. he brought you over to the couch, sitting you down.

"what are you doing?" you whispered, looking up to colby. he held up a finger as he disappeared into his bedroom. you kicked your shoes off, pulling you legs up on the couch. colby came back out of his room, dragging a blanket behind him. he had a stuffed koala in his arm. you give him a small smile as he hands you the koala. he drapes the blanket over your shoulders, basically cocooning you in.

"better?" colby asked, crouching down in front of you.

you nodded, reaching forward to hug him. "thank you." you said in his ear, letting your head rest on his shoulder. colby tried to pull away to go get something, but you only pulled him in closer.

"i'm trying to get you snacks." he said with a whine.

you shook your head, "no you aren't. i need a hug."

"you asked for this." he grabbed you by the thighs, picking you up. you wrapped your legs around his waist, laughing softly. he walked you both over to the kitchen, setting you down on the counter. colby rummaged through his cupboards, finding some things for you guys to snack on. after being satisfied with his selection, he brought the things over to the living room, setting them down on the coffee table. he came back for you, picking you back up and bringing you over to the couch. he let you get comfortable back under the blanket before handing over the remote.

you scroll through a few movies before putting on a disney movie that you know will make you happy and smile. you guys munched on some food as the movie progressed. colby always knew how to make you feel better. it was simple things like this that made you the happiest girl. it almost made you forget why you even showed up to his house. it felt like you guys were just hanging out like normal.

as the movie neared it's end, your eyelids grew heavy. you rested your head on the arm of the couch, the koala stuffie between your arms. your legs were stretched across colbys lap. he ran his fingers up and down your legs, helping soothe you into sleep.