internet friends (part one)

warnings: throw up

word count: 1064

colby had been your one of your best friends for almost four years now. the only problem is you guys have never met.

you met colby through vine, right before it shut down. him and sam had a pretty big following at that point, so you were still to this day confused on why he followed you back. but you were so happy he did.

ever since then, you guys have been close. you guys text everyday, and facetime a lot too. he's always been there for you, and you've always been there for him.

right now was one of those times where you guy planned to facetime. you had your laptop set up on your coffee table, waiting for colby to call you like he said he would. your computer started to ring and you slid the cursor over to the answer button. colby was up close and personal with his phone waiting for you to answer.

"hey, (y/n)!" he said pulling his phone away and setting it up against a candle.

you giggled, "hey handsome." you joked, giving him a playful wink. he did a pretend hair flip.

"so what have you been up to?" he asked, leaning back on his couch.

"oh you know the usual, frantically recording videos the day before they need to be uploaded and quickly editing them." you laugh.

a snicker arose from him, "my girl." colby gave you  a thumbs up. he paused for a moment, he looked serious. you were a little concerned, he was always jokey and all laughs. "i've been thinking.." he started

uh oh. this is it. this is when he says he doesn't want to be friends because he's too popular and you're a girl so his fans will attack you.

every bad thought rushed through your head.

"i think we should meet." colby finally said, a wide smile on his face. those words eased all your worries, and you smiled back at him.

"really?" you were so happy now that you could burst out crying.

"i mean, i feel like we have been friends so long and we haven't met. it's kinda weird. i really want to see you, like, i know we haven't met yet but i miss you, in a weird way." colby was blabbering on, throwing his hands about as he spoke.

"aw, colby." you cooed, sticking out your bottom lip a bit. he rolled his eyes a bit at you, jokingly of course.

"i'm hoping you say yes...because i kinda already got a plane ticket to come out to la." the boy said while scratching at the back of his neck.

"oh my god. i mean of course i'm going to say yes, but what would you have done if i said no." you laughed as your hand covered your mouth.

"i don't know. cried." he said with a shrug.

colby and you talked for the rest of the night about when you would be going to see him, and what you guys would do.

soon enough, the day came where it was finally time to see colby. you had just arrived at the airport, getting off the cramped plane. you stretched as you waited in line to receive your luggage. jake was going to pick you up so colby could finish getting his apartment all set up. after retrieving your luggage, you wonder over to the exit, looking around for the bright haired boy. after looking for a moment, you spot him, holding a sign that reads "baby bubba". you shake your head as you walk over to him.

"nice sign, at least i know it's you and not a random person coming to steal me." you say before opening your arms to hug jake. he dropped the sign as he hugged you back.

"see! colby said it was a stupid idea. it's nice to meet you." jake started, taking your things and putting them in the trunk. "you excited to go see colby, i know he and everyone in the group is excited to meet you."

you climb into the passenger seat, "i'm really excited, but also super nervous that he won't like me at the same time because i'm not an la girl." you say truthfully.

"that's what he likes about you, (y/n), he doesn't like la girls at all. you've got nothing to worry about, bruvah." jake holds up his hand for a high-five as you guys pull out of the airport. you slap his hand, relaxing your nerves a bit.

the drive wasn't that long, and was packed with jokes and karaoke. when you pulled into the parking garage, your stomach was all flippy.

"are you okay, you look pale?" jake asked after he parked and you guys exited the car. you stand still for a second, clutching your stomach. that gross airplane food was coming back up for revenge. you lean over, throwing up onto the garage floor. jake ran up behind you, grabbing your hair and pulling it out of your face.

"ugh..thank you so much." you said to jake after you finished possibly ruining the floor.

"no problem, i have to do this with tara a lot." he replied with a shrug, handing you a piece of gum. you gladly take it.

jake grabs your things out of the car, then proceeds his way to the stairs. once in the building, jake heads to the elevator, showing you around and telling you what people live where. as you guys near colbys apartment, your hands get a little shaky. jake senses your nervousness and pate your back a bit.

"it will be okay, i promise." he said, going up to colbys door and knocking. "pizza delivery!" he yells. you raise a brow and jake giggles.

"it's how we get colby to answer quicker."

you nod before the door opens. colby stands there, dressed up nicer than usual. you smile wide before tackling him in a hug, your legs wrapping around his waist. he holds you tight, like he doesn't want to let you go. you'd be fine if he didn't. it felt so safe in his arms. jake was standing behind you guys recording it all on his camera. colby finally puts you down after a minute, a smile plastered to his face.

"i'm so happy you're here."