The Man With The Midas Touch Pt.3

Cam sighs in relief when she's finally handed back her phone, wallet and keys. Tucked back into a similar black car as the one she arrived in she tucks back the flyaways from her hair and takes another deep breath.
The door on the other side opens and Cam prepares to go back on her defensive which relaxes again when she realises it's just Sean. He shoots her a smile, takes her hand and kisses her knuckles.

Cam treasures it, threads her fingers with his and holds tight. If this is the last bit of contact she's going to get from him, she's holding on tight.

They're dropped back in front of her block of flats. Surprisingly Sean also exits with her, still holding her hand as she gazes up at the building. Sophie's probably back by now. As much as she loves her stepsister, Cam's not sure she can see her right now. Her old wounds feel like it's just been ripped open and she's still bleeding. She can't face anyone right now, she needs time to let them close up again before she does.

"Camilla, come on sweetheart, I'll walk you up."

He tugs on her hand as he steps forward but she remains standing.
"No, I don't. I can't go home right now Sean."
"Okay," he softly says moving in front of her, "what you need darling?"
She looks at him and makes her decision.
"A hotel or something. I'm not going home tonight."
She can't stand to take these dark feelings she has and tarnish the safe abode she's created. Cam doesn't need those memories lingering when she emerges from this.

"Alright come on then-"
"Are you taking me to a hotel?"
"I'll take you somewhere safe."

With that she silently nods. It's honestly just a relief not to have to figure out where the nearest hotel is right now. She'd much rather just give her exhausted mind a rest and allow him to escort her to this safe house.

They weave their way through various tube lines before finally getting on the overground towards Watford. Though their journey doesn't end there and pretty soon they're both in a taxi from the station going to some location Cam's not familiar with.
"Sean, where are we going?" she asks him quietly in the cab.

"My home," he responds just as they pull up to a quiet residential area.

She's puzzled and frankly taken aback. In a daze Cam exits the vehicle and with trails after Sean to the front door.
"Wait," she calls when he unlocks the front door, "I don't understand."
"You don't want to go home but I don't want you being by yourself right now."
"Sean, I'm not suicidal. I didn't want to go home because my sister Sophie will be there and I just don't have the energy to lie to her right now. She's a lawyer and she can smell lies from a mile away especially when they're from me."

That is also true. It's just in Sophie's nature to scratch and scratch until she has the whole truth at her fingertips. The truths that Cam holds, they aren't meant for civilians like Sophie to know about.

"Then stay with me. You don't need to lie to me."
That's true. But as much as her heart calls for Sean, her head is fully aware of what he is. How can she truly fall for someone who constantly lies. He might have done it in a nice way but he still played her today. He was sent in to extract information from her and he did it. Successfully too. All because her damn emotions spike when it comes to him.