Fight For You [Straight]

A/n Trigger warning *mention/talk of rápe* 

Fight For You [Straight]

A few months ago

Grace isn't sure about this place. She's been to a gym before. Of course she has. She had to in order to have lost all the weight she lost though by no means did that make her slim. She could probably do with losing a few more pounds actually but whatever. As long as it's no longer affecting her health anymore she'll deal with the extra cushioning. At least it acts as a good deterrent for keeping away the men.
Food, she'd used as a comfort tool. She hadn't needed the therapist to tell her that. But the therapist had helped her work through it. And after being discharged she'd felt a new lease on life. Until last week that is. The return of The Monster.

Food no longer an option to help her cope, Grace considered what she could do, what can really help her feel more in control. That's when she'd come across this gym. Small, relative to those big chain ones, this one is more specialised in martial arts, boxing and really any of those combat sports. It had truly been kismet. Seeing it as a sign had been what had led Grace to immediately sign up for membership and enroll in the women's beginner's combat class.

Now pushing her stuff into the lockers she tries to calm her nervous, beating heart all the while trying to ignore the thumping coming from outside the thin walls. She definitely does not fit in here. Even walking through she'd seen all those lean, muscular men and women pushing themselves with such strength and determination Grace wanted to leave immediately but her feet hadn't been listening to her brain.

She doesn't have to do this, she reasons. Christmas is still a few months away. She could tell her mom that she simply can't make it home this year for the holidays. Of course, her mom would ask why not? She'd be absolutely crushed. As would her sister. And then her mom would probably send her The Monster to try pick her up. And really for the sake of her younger sister, she has to go. Grace has to make sure what happened to her doesn't happen to Mae. Even though Mae is technically her half sister, the daughter of The Monster and still too young even for his taste, Grace wouldn't put it past the sick freak to try something.

Right, so if she is going home for those holidays, which she has to, then it can't hurt to be able to handle herself not just for her own protection but to back up the threats she intends to make. With that in mind, Grace clasps her water bottle tighter and prepares for this first class of hopefully many.

A few weeks ago

"Alright since it's our last class for the year and you're all graduating to the intermediate class, I thought we'd make this class extra special."

Grace's attention snaps on Ciara at that. In appearance the formidable trainer certainly encompasses the tough chick stereotype. Lean and muscular, with full sleeve tattoos and a shaved head with fuzzy black hair, Ciara on first glance certainly appears fierce. Grace had certainly been scared of the woman when she first walked into that class. But underneath that rough exterior is the sweetest person she's probably ever met. Sure, she pushes hard in classes and certainly deprives some sick glee out of turning all the women into sweating messes afterwards but her professionalism and compassion is exemplary. A little less fit than some of the other women Grace often takes breaks whereas others push through and while encouraging Ciara never discriminated against her for it. She's also one of the few trainers Grace has met that haven't tried to convince her to go on some diet to lose weight.

Today Ciara is grinning her evil grin even before destroying them. Uh oh.

"And for that I've invited some special guests to help us!"

Almost as if they'd rehearsed this, the door opens and these 'guests' walk in. Guys maybe around her age or a little younger stroll in grinning. There's a bunch of them and they're all totally buff. Oh God. Grace's heart rate picks up even before the skipping Ciara makes them warm up with. Unlike the beautiful women on the Nike commercials, she does not look cute at all working out. Her hair starts getting frizzy, her whole face goes red, almost all of her starts jiggling and to top it all off she's definitely a sweater. Doing that in a class full of women she can ignore it but with the attractive guys in the class...that's a no from her. Grace inches closer towards the door, hoping to perhaps discretely slip out. Seems like this is going to be a dud class anyway so it's not like she's going to miss much.

Ciara laughs over the wave of murmurs and calls that go out.
"These are the light heavyweight trainees and they have so graciously come to help out today so please give them a cheer of appreciation ladies!"

A cheer certainly does go around the room but it's not contributed to by Grace. Instead with the distraction she slides out the open door only to bump into the straggler of the hot guys group. Her soft 'oh' dies on her lips as she takes a step back and gazes up at him. He may not be very tall but what he lacks for in height he makes up for in demeanor. Dark hair, dark eyes and all angular, his face doesn't soften as he looks back at her. Now she gets why he's coming in last. He's probably the hottest out of all of them. And that's not solely based on his looks.
"Careful," he states, his voice a low baritone but hinted with something more electric and spicy.

No, wait, that's just crazy. Grace takes another step back for safe measure.
"Grace!"

Her attention snaps to the sharp call of her drill sergeant.
"Where are you going?"
"Oh....um, nowhere," she mutters, cheeks flaring in embarrassment.
Ciara regards her skeptically for a moment as Grace feels movement beside her. The man sidesteps around her, light in his strides despite his muscular frame.
"Okay," nods Ciara, then addressing the group again introduces the man, "and this is Axel Ruiz, the owner of this place and the trainer of these fine men. He's going to help me demonstrate the moves we'll be doing today and you're all going to pair up and try it yourselves. Ladies, these men have plenty of training themselves so no need to go easy on them. They have definitely taken many punches and kicks before, so this is nothing they can't handle. Although try not to damage them too much."