Chapter Sixteen: Broken

The brunette grumbled, rolling over. Her body relaxing against the cotton sheets, her mind suddenly remembered she was kidnapped. She growled to herself, 'Bloody hell'. She didn't want to face Elijah. She did not want to see his eyes staring back at her without a hint of love in them. He was her everything, she'd lost so much and he kept her human. Well human ish.

Her eyes searched round the room for a way out, "Dont bother. The rooms spelled." The voice of Elijah Mikaelson called out. A smug smile was probably on his face but Belle didn't dear to look.

"Let me out."

He sighed, he knew their relationship wasn't great but she'd left him without a word. He loved her, but it took losing her to realise he needed her. "Listen-" he started.

"No you listen here Eljiah Mikeason, you broke me. And for that you've lost me," she whispered at him tears streaming down her face.

"I never meant to hurt you," he whispered heartbrokenly. His face was now all covered in tears. "I was worried that if I let you in Niklaus would come after you. He'd sent threats, and I couldn't lose you- I was only looking at their picture because a witch had asked for something of Katherine's to use to track her down. I was going to hand her over to Niklaus so you and I can live in peace."

His confession made sense. A year before they split they ran from Klaus, and his ever growing tantrums in fear he would turn on them at a moments notice. After that things between them had been cold, and distant. No matter how hard she tried Elijah had closed himself off to her. "I am here to kill Klaus, after that I was going to track you down. Explain everything, I realise this may seem hard to believe but I love you Elskan."

Could she believe him? His story was plausible, and if it were true than he was at fault yes but whatever he did was to protect her. They both knew what Klaus was capable of.  "When I saw you with that picture it felt like my heart had been ripped out of my chest, I had come home that day to tell you some amazing news. Impossible news, I was pregnant. Apparently that's one of the perks of being mates. However, when the mate bond started to tear because I thought you didn't love me I suffered a miscarriage. We almost had a child."