Objective 04: Brotherhood

"I want you to keep a close watch on the arsonist, if you see any rings on his fingers then report them to me immediately, understand?"

Tsuna sighed on the way to school, for some reason she couldn't stop thinking about Jager's words, something about that statement confused her. Why a ring? What would be special about that?

She try to look for some memory of the peliplata with an object like this in his hands, but nothing came to mind.

Would it be a new kind of weapon? Even in her head that sounded stupid, but this was the mob, you can't be fooled by how things look.

That was a lesson learned.

"Damn Reborn!" A scream echoed down the street, cutting her off her thoughts. Curious peeked around the corner, looking for the source of the noise.

She should not have been surprised to see the tenth with his friends, being attacked by little Hitman.

'He's so much more adorable in person!' She thought with shame. She knew about his work, she knew that he was not just a child like the others ... But come on! There was something about his little suit and his little companion that screamed tenderness.

She felt a little confused when his friends just laughed at him, not helping him fend off the little legged threat.

'Everyone except ... you' One of them was on the side, frowning at the scene 'Gokudera Hayato'

'Or maybe I should call you Smokin' bomb Hayato' She thought bitterly, she couldn't believe she hadn't recognized him. Although they had not met personally, had had some instances where she heard about the boy, was a little interested in him, she did not always have the opportunity for boys almost her age who were in the underworld. Most of them were presumptuous brats who hide behind their mothers' skirts and make a living while their dads run the business world.

But Smokin' was different.

She knew his history. She had heard it based on rumors in the underworld.

He ran away from home when he was quite young and specialized to become a hitman.

Thanks to his charming demeanor and poor family background, he had not been able to join any famiglia.

'At least not until now' She saw Hayato click his tongue before helping his new 'boss' get up off the ground, all the while looking nonchalantly without dispelling his eyes 'Is this your last chance? Is that why you're here Smokin?

... is this an attempt to belong? Of being accepted?'

They continued on their way, leaving her behind, lost in her mind full of unanswered questions.

Tsuna sighed wearily, quite exhausted from her acting for so long.

She wanted so badly to go back to Vindice.

She wanted so badly to be herself again.

Her gaze lifted to the sky, fighting the tears that fought to escape her eyes.

She was a fighter, damn it! An active Vindice!

... Why is she being so sentimental lately?

Frustrated she decided to keep walking, she would make it to school anyway 'If Jager finds out that he misses school for nothing ...'

It was just then that she noticed something else, a few meters away, between her and where the group of the tenth was supposed to go, a girl in a uniform from another school followed them in a not very disguised way.