11

It was a warm nice Friday afternoon, so when Eclipse came to pick you up from school you decided you wanted to walk back to the tower instead of fly.

    You and Eclipse walked through the city, New Yorkers moving out of the way of you and your massive fire breathing reptile.

    That was another perk about owning a dragon; it was easy to walk through crowds. People always just moved out of your way.

     You stopped by an ice cream shop on the way back, telling yourself you deserved a little treat for going to every single class this week and not skipping out on any of them. Even though you came close a few times.

     Eclipse waited for you by the door as you went in to order your treat for the week. You got a cone of your favorite ice cream and Eclipse a bowl of regular vanilla ice cream. He deserved a treat too.

      As you were about to walk out to give Eclipse his ice cream and finish your walk home someone called out your name to get your attention. You looked about the ice cream shop a little confused, wondering who would want to get your attention. That was until you saw a group of high schoolers sitting at one of the the booths with the lead football star waving you down.

You waved back, a little awkwardly since your hands were full, hoping that all they wanted was your acknowledgment. A simple wave hi, then you could go about your day. You really didn't feel like peopleing today.

Unfortunately for you the group started to wave you over to join them. Some scooting closer together to make room for you.

     You silently told them to wait for you for just a moment before going out and giving Eclipse his ice cream. "Looks like there's some people who want to talk to me in there." You told your dragon as you place his treat on the ground in front of him. "I'll be out as soon as I can."

       You went back into the shop, going over the the group of High schoolers, greeting them all with a warm, fake, smile.

        "(Y/n)!" The lead football star, Nate, greeted you warmly. Nate was a nice enough kid, everyone at school seamed to love him. He was kind, athletic, and smart. He had short sandy blond hair with blue eyes. He was tall and muscular from his years of playing sports. With freckles speckled over the bridge of his nose.

      "Hey Nate." You greeted him back. "What's up?"

      "Nothing much. I just wanted to invite you over. You and us seamed to have had the same idea today." Nate held up his ice cream cone so you could see it, "ice cream on Friday is kinda a tradition for us."

      "That's nice." You told him politely, if not a little awkwardly.

"Come. Sit." He beckoned you, gesturing to an empty space on the booth.

"I can't." You told him, trying to sound apologetic, but really you were just trying to come up with an excuse of why you couldn't. "I promised to help Thor once I got done with school today."

"Come on (y/n). Thor is a grown man. Whatever problem he needs your help with he can solve on his own." Nate objected.

"I'm the best with animals." You told him. "A bilgesnipe found its way to Earth and it's decided butterflies are its favorite food. If I don't help Thor there won't be anymore butterflies. And I like butterflies! They're so pretty."

Nate looked at you skeptically, but decided your excuse was so outlandish and random that you couldn't possibly be lying. Which was the point of the lie. To make it so unbelievable that people had no choice but to believe it.