12

You went down stairs, finding the team all already down there getting breakfast. "Look who it is." Clint announced when he saw you exit the elevator. "The teenager has risen from the dead."

      Everyone tuned towards you and you waved to them all. "Where's your dragon, Hiccup?" Tony asked, using his nickname he made up for you when you first moved into the tower.

      "He went out fishing this morning." You told Tony, taking your place at the table next to Loki.

"You do know we have fish for him here? Right?" Tony asked you matter of factly.

"Yes. I do." You told Tony with an eye roll. "But sometimes Eclipse likes to hunt for his food. He was a wild dragon after all."

"Is it ok for Eclipse to be hunting on his own." Loki asked you curiously, wanting to know more about dragons. "What if he goes after someone's live stock?"

"Each dragon has its own diet." You told Loki, as well as the team at large. You didn't know if you've explained this to anyone yet. It was such common knowledge for you. It hadn't even occurred to you that some people might not know that every dragon species has its own diet. "While some dragons eat things like cows, sheep, and pigs, others only eat fish. Eclipse is one of the dragon species that only eats fish." You explained to Loki. "He won't even give livestock a second glance."

Loki nodded, excepting your explanation. He was about to ask more questions about dragons when Nat cut him off.

"Do you have any plans for today (y/n)?" Nat asked you like she or Cap did every morning. You were the teenager in the tower, so it was safe to assume you were doing something everyday.

"Yeah." You told Nat passively, not wanting her to make a big deal about what you were doing today. "I'm going shopping." Most days you told them just school and training. Maybe a night flight if the sky was good. So having a different answer really threw off the whole team for a second. They were so used to the same exact answer over and over again.

"Shopping." Cap said with interest.

"Looking for anything special?" Nat asked.

"Nope." You lied, as you sipped on your orange juice. "Just regular shopping.

Out of the corner of your eye you saw Loki give you a side eye, wrinkling up his nose slightly. Like he smelled something unpleasant.

      You ignored his looks, knowing he could sense your lie. Somehow...

       "Sounds like fun. I'll come with you." Nat said, inviting herself along. "It's been a while since I've done anything girly."

       "You don't need to come." You told Nat, not wanting anyone to know about the dance in fear it might get back to Loki, "I can take care of myself."

        "I know you can." Nat rolled her eyes. "But it will be fun for us to have a girl day out."

       You reluctantly agreed, not wanting to deny Natasha of her girls day out. Nat was a top of the line assassin, who could fight like it was no ones business, but even she liked to girly things, like shop.

       After breakfast you got ready for the day. When you came back down stairs you went directly over to Loki, who was reading on his couch. "I know I've been boring lately," you told Loki apologetically, "but I hope this will keep you entertained for awhile." You said, bring out a book from behind your back.

      Loki took the book, looking over it to see what you had just given him to read. "The book of Dragons?" Loki asked excitedly, already flipping to the first page to start his reading.