Epilogue: Part Two

Do you... do you want to speak with him? Luka looked like he had eaten something sour and surprisingly I did. I felt like I would get some closure from a small talk with him.

That would be lovely. I smiled at him before reaching up and grasping the back of his neck, tugging him down so I could press my lips to his. I have a happy sigh as he moved his lips over mine before pulling back.

"Michael and Ezekiel stay right beside you." The concern was an evident thread in his voice and I nodded firmly. I wouldn't go anywhere in the mad house of a Gathering without them anyways.

"They will be where you won't, as always." I reached out and Michael pushed his head into my hand. They were my protectors when Luka wasn't at my side and they would not leave their spots.

"If there are any problems do not hesitate to come and get me. I will be heading to the meeting room." He gestured towards the door and I knew if I so much as peeped at him he would be at my side instantly. I liked the thought.

"Oh, I'm heading there too. I can walk her there if you like." He smiled at Luka and Luka gave him a small strained smile out of civility.

"I'm not Shey's keeper. If you wish to walk her there, you ask her and not me." Luka glanced at me, it was my choice and I looked through the crowd, the meeting room door wasn't entirely far away.

Allan looked at me in surprise and I gave him a polite smile. "That would be lovely." I turned back to Luka and he pressed a quick kiss to my lips and then my forehead.

He inhaled deeply as if taking in my sent before he turned to Allan. "You upset her in anyway, you answer to me and them." He pointed at the two wilds standing by my sides and Allan eyed them warily as they bared their teeth, their chest rumbling with silent growls.

"I understand." He gave an affirmative nod in Luka's direction as he shifted away from the menace that was leaking off of Mike and Ezekiel.

"I'll see you in a few minutes, right?" Luka was worried, it was apparent in his eyes and how he unconsciously leaned towards me as if he could wrap himself around me to protect me.

"Just a few. I promise. I have the boys, I'll be okay." I reached out and grabbed his bicep, squeezing it gently as I gave him a comforting smile.

"Okay." He turned and walked away. His shoulders were held stiffly and I could see how much he didn't like leaving me with Allan but I appreciated that he did. This would be good lesson for me to learn how to truly forgive someone and help me in the future. This would be good progress for me in healing emotionally.

"Well, I'm not sure what to say." Allan clasped his hands behind his back and I started walking towards the meeting room.

"Most people usually comment on how fat I'm getting and then attempt to touch my belly." I smirked as he choked slightly. He coughed loudly and I glanced over at him and his face was red.

"I think I won't even attempt to approach you." He looked at the wilds and Michael snapped at him in warning causing Allan to jump away.

I grabbed Mike's ear and pinched, he yelped and tucked his tail between his legs. "That was rude." I let the disappointment seep into my voice and he lowered himself close to the ground, thoroughly chastised. "I'm sorry." Allan waved the apology off but kept the space between us regardless. I watched as the large hall started to empty, the various Alphas moving to their assigned meeting rooms.

"You look really good." He gave me a tense smile and I scrunched my nose up slightly.

"Well the last time you saw me I was crying my eyes out so anything is better that that, I think." I watched as he winced at my words and I grimaced at my lack of tact.