9

There was a hill that lead up to Jeongin's house, making it hard for Felix to ride his skateboard up the empty road. He had no reason to still be riding it. It would have made a lot more sense to pick it up and walk but Jeongin kept chuckling at him, so slightly embarrassing himself didn't seem bad when he got to hear that.

Both of them had cartons of milk in their hands, chocolate for Felix and strawberry for Jeongin. Jeongin was trying not to look in Felix direction, but every time he caught a glimpse of him trying to skate up the road he'd burst into another fit of giggles.

"Jeongin?" Felix asked once the reached the top of the hill, allowing him to skate normally but he stayed at a slow pace to match Jeongin.

"Yes?"

"Would you maybe like to go somewhere that isn't the park with me one day?"

Jeongin froze on the spot but Felix didn't notice, not until he turned to look at him and found him left behind a few steps. He quickly skated back to him. "Sorry, was that too much? You don't have to, it was just a suggestion, don't worry."

"No, no, I'd like that," Jeongin shook his head, "I just need to ask somebody first. I'm not really...allowed many places."

"Oh. I'm guessing you won't be allowed to go to that new aquarium that recently opened next Saturday then?" Felix asked.

"I...I will get Seungmin to cover for me," Jeongin decided, "my family probably won't notice I'm gone anyway."

"You don't have to go if you'll get in trouble, I understand."

Jeongin shook his head again, a small smile starting to tug at his lips, "I want to go. I've never been to an aquarium before."

"Ok, great! You're about to be late home though, come on," Felix said as he slipped his hand into Jeongin's and started to lead him down the road again, pushing himself forward on his skateboard with more speed than before.

Their hands were barely intertwined for a second, just long enough for Felix to tug Jeongin along, but that alone made Jeongin feel too many things at once. Felix's hands were smaller than his, cute and soft, despite their grazes. He was disappointed when Felix's hand left his but the bubbly feeling in his stomach didn't go away.

🍓🍓🍓

"Money? What do you need money for?" Seungmin turned around in his desk chair to face Jeongin who was sitting on the bottom bunk of their bed. He was cross-legged with his fennec fox teddy cradled in his arms. Seungmin knew him too well. He knew Jeongin hugged his teddy when he needed comfort or reassurance. He was up to something.

"I want to go somewhere," Jeongin whispered, voice as quiet as it would be with a stranger. He didn't usually talk to Seungmin that way, which made his suspicions grow further. He'd suddenly lost interest in the RE homework on his desk, all of his attention on Jeongin.

"Ok. Where?"

"An aquarium this Saturday," Jeongin explained, now playing with the ears of his fennec fox which had been named Snowy due to its white colour.

"With who?" Seungmin pressed further, getting fed up of Jeongin's uninformative answers.

"A boy," Jeongin looked up from Snowy to Seungmin, seeing his mouth open as if to say something before shutting it.

"What...type of boy?" He finally asked.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, is he a friend or do you like him more than that?"

Jeongin's eyes widened, "no! I don't like him, that's...stupid."

Seungmin wasn't so convinced. He could see Jeongin's ears had turned red against his dark hair and his cheeks were starting to flush the same colour too. "Ok, where did you meet him?"