33

Please remember the trigger warnings, guys. I don't want anyone to be badly affected. If you feel too uncomfortable or the topic is too triggering for you, I'd suggest skipping this whole chapter. Thank you lovelies.

🍓🍓🍓

"How come you weren't at the park yesterday?" Jeongin asked, walking beside Felix on the pavement while Felix was skateboarding on the road. He tried to keep a slow pace to match Jeongin's, but usually the latter would have to jog to catch up. It was a dull afternoon and they decided it was better to go to Felix's house than stay outside.

"Oh...I um- I was busy, sorry. My mum asked me to do something and I couldn't find any time."

Jeongin nodded, seemingly believing the lie that Felix made up. He hadn't been busy at all, he'd spent the whole day avoiding Jeongin, hoping to escape confrontation of his dilemma. So far it was going well and Jeongin hadn't asked any questions. When they reached Felix's house, Felix kicked his skateboard to the side of the porch before unlocking his door and letting Jeongin in. After taking off his shoes, Felix looked up to see Jeongin smiling at him.

"What?" He asked. Jeongin's contagious smile had already affected him and there was a grin tugging at his own lips.

"I don't know, you just look really cute today. I like your pink cardigan."

Felix's smile expanded as he looked down at the sleeves of the cardigan Jeongin was referring to. It was oversized and made of baby pink wool. Usually, it would have been too warm to wear it in summer, but it was another gloomy day. Typical, unpredictable British weather. "Thanks, it's soft," Felix chuckled, covering his hands with the sleeves. For a minute, he almost forgot about the impending question that he'd no doubt he getting from Jeongin soon. "Do you want to go upstairs?"

Jeongin nodded before outstretching his hand and offering it to Felix. He accepted it, allowing Jeongin to pull him up the stairs with a giggle. A pit of guilt was starting to hollow out inside of Felix though.

"Want to play a game?" He asked to distract himself, walking over to his games console once they were inside his room. Jeongin nodded from where he'd sat down on the edge of the bed. After picking up the two controllers and turning on the TV, Felix sat down next to Jeongin. "Any game in particular?"

Jeongin shrugged, "you're the expert. You can pick."

Felix nodded and ended up picking Mario Kart, hoping there wouldn't be much of a chance to talk during that. When the game began, he was glad to discover that was true. The game consumed most of their attention, or Jeongin's anyway. Felix was so distracted that he lost three rounds in a row. Jeongin was excited to win at first, but he soon started to catch on that something was wrong. He paused the next round Felix begun and turned to him. "Are you ok? You seem distracted."

"Huh? Oh, um, n-no, I'm fine. Don't worry," Felix tried to smile.

"You're talking like you do when you're nervous."

"I talk a certain way when I'm nervous?"

"Yeah, you stutter and say 'um' a lot."

"Oh..." Felix realised.

"Why are you nervous?" Jeongin asked, placing his hand on top of Felix's which still held his game controller. Felix slipped his hand out of Jeongin's to put the controller down before properly connecting their hands. His hand felt so small in Jeongin's. It was comforting, but not for long.

"The, um...you asked me to look up your parents," Felix said, avoiding eye contact.

"Oh, yeah. Did you find anything?"