20

Felix was attempting to revise for his fast-approaching exams but something kept distracting him. He tried revising in his bedroom, but he remembered playing video games with Jeongin which was a major distraction, making him want to pick up his game controller or go down to the park and see if the said boy was there. He had to move into the kitchen, sitting at the breakfast bar with headphones in his ears and his IT revision cards in his hands, but he couldn't stop looking over to the table where he'd kissed Jeongin for the first time. Jeongin was his main source of distraction even when he wasn't around. Felix couldn't stop thinking about the fact they still weren't boyfriends.

"What's wrong, Lixie?" his mother asked, halting her chopping of onions when she noticed Felix hadn't looked down at his revision material in at least five minutes.

"Huh?" He asked, pulling one of his headphones out of his ear, "oh...it's nothing."

"Well, it seems to have all of your attention so come on, what is it?"

Felix sighed. He'd wanted to ask Chan for help on the subject, not his mother, but Chan was so busy recently he figured he'd have to settle for her instead. "I want to ask someone to...be my boyfriend," he admitted, playing with his pen lid, "but I don't know how."

Felix didn't miss the excitement that flashed in his mother's eyes but she tried to keep a calm, thoughtful composure, going back to chopping the onions. "You're a boy, Lixie. How would you like to be asked out?"

Felix shrugged, "I don't know. A date would be sweet but he's not allowed many places."

"Is it Jeongin?" She asked and Felix nodded. "Well, I'm friends with his foster parents so I'm sure it would be no trouble for me to take you both out for the day and then...accidentally wander off."

"Really?" Felix gasped, the glum look on his face lightening up, "do you think he would be allowed?"

"I don't know. It's worth a try."

🍓🍓🍓

Felix's mother made him attend a church service that Sunday. They turned up late as his mother often did, walking past everyone while the service was in process, which embarrassed Felix greatly, especially when Jeongin saw him and sent him a questioning look. Felix could only avert his eyes as his mum pulled him into one of the pews near the front of the church, across the aisle from Jeongin who was beside Seungmin. He didn't look impressed by Felix's presence.

When the church service finished, Jeongin waited for Felix's mother to leave the pews, going to mingle with some of the other churchgoers. When she was gone, Jeongin slid in next to Felix and asked, "how come you're here?"

"Oh, um, well...my mum made me come because she's going to ask your foster parents if we can go somewhere next Saturday," Felix saw confusion on Jeongin's face, "l-like a date."

The corners of Jeongin's mouth turned up, "a date? Where are we going?"

"Well, if you're allowed, I want to take you to the beach...unless you don't want to, of course!

"That sounds-" Jeongin began but paused when someone stood in the pew before him. He looked up to see it was Seungmin, staring at both of them but Felix in particular, eyes narrowed.

"Why are you here?" He asked.

"His mum goes to church here, Seungmin," Jeongin rolled his eyes. Felix nodded beside him.

Seungmin leaned his hands on the back of the pew and sank down to meet their eye-levels. "No being gay in church," he whispered before pushing himself back up, turning on his heels and leaving to talk to the elderly church ladies he unsurprisingly got along with well.

Strawberry Milk - JeonglixOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara