10

Felix couldn't knock on Jeongin's door. If anyone except Jeongin or Seungmin answered, their plan would be ruined and Jeongin would unlikely be able to go to the aquarium. Felix didn't think Seungmin opening the door would have been any better though. He was clearly protective of Jeongin and he made Felix feel like he was being judged, as if he was waiting for him to make a mistake.

It was the second time Felix had seen Jeongin's house and he still couldn't get over how impressive it was. There was a large gate for cars to enter the drive and then a small gate beside it for people to walk through. The driveway stretched for quite a distance before reaching the house. After staring at the old, victorian-esque house got boring, he leaned against the half-wall blocking off the drive and pulled his phone out of his pocket, passing the time with a random mobile game.

"Hey," said a small but oddly cheerful voice as they walked out of the gate and up to Felix.

"Oh, hey!" Felix smiled, shoving his phone into his pocket when he saw Jeongin walking his way. He looked different to usual, almost more mature with his black hair pushed up instead of falling loose. His outfit choice was different to usual. Instead of his usual plain black and white clothes, he wore light blue jeans with a white t-shirt and a denim jacket that was slightly too big for him. It made him look adorable as the sleeves half hung over his hands. "You look really good!"

"Thanks, you look cute."

Felix looked down at his outfit, almost as if he had to check what he was wearing. Jeongin was right about it being cute, or at least a lot cuter than what Felix usually wore. He had shorts on as usual, denim and displaying his grazed knees, but the rest of his outfit differed. Instead of a usual band or graphic t-shirt, he wore a baby blue and pink striped sweater with a white shirt underneath, the collar poking over the top of the jumper. It was an outfit he'd always wanted to wear but never had an opportunity until now.

"Thank you," Felix chuckled, "are you ready to go?"

"Yeah," Jeongin nodded and with that, they left for the bus stop at the end of the road.

🍓🍓🍓

Jeongin had never seen Felix as excited as he had after they paid the entry fee for the aquarium. He practically dragged Jeongin through the gates, allowing Jeongin to hold his hand for a few seconds longer than last time which he liked more than he thought he would. Felix soon dropped Jeongin's hand to open the map they'd been given though.

"What do you want to see first? The shark tunnel is that way-" Felix pointed right, "the normal fish are that way-" he pointed forwards, "or the gross crocodiles are that way-" he pointed left.

Jeongin chuckled, "you don't like crocodiles?"

"No, not really."

"Ok, let's go and see the normal fish first then," Jeongin decided, this time pulling Felix along. He started to wonder how many excuses he could find to hold Felix's hand throughout their visit to the aquarium. He wondered if he could keep a mental tally. Once they passed through the doors into the fish viewing area, Jeongin realised just how busy the aquarium was and he kept hold of Felix's hand. The soft brush of his fingers against the back of his hand conflicted with the rough but pleasant touch of Felix's grazed palms against his own. He didn't mind the busy atmosphere, but it was an excuse to keep Felix's hands in his own.

"Can we go see...those things?" Jeongin asked, using his spare hand to point at some interesting-looking fish in a tank not too far away.

He had no idea what they were but they were round and a few of them were spiky. He didn't wait for an answer from Felix as he started walking over to the tank, giggling when he got a proper look at the fascinating fish. The engraved writing above the tank read 'pufferfish.'