VII. JOURNEY TO TORTUGA

YOUR GRACE - JACK SPARROW
[07] || Journey to Tortuga

Shortly after her conversation with Jack, Delphine had made her way to the Captain's quarters, she didn't know if Jack would appreciate it, but she just needed somewhere to hide away while she hung her dress out to dry

Shortly after her conversation with Jack, Delphine had made her way to the Captain's quarters, she didn't know if Jack would appreciate it, but she just needed somewhere to hide away while she hung her dress out to dry. She didn't fancy walking around in only her underdress, which she had to deal with being damp as she wasn't comfortable with the thought of being naked with two men on board even if she was away from them.

However, when Delphine heard yelling from above her, on deck, she made her way out of the quarters to see what was going on.

"What are you doing?" She yelled to both Will and Jack as Will hung from the sails pole above the water and Jack stood at the wheel, only looking at Will.

"Nothing, was just about to let him back on board, your grace," Jack said, spinning the wheel so the sails where over the ship once again and Will was safe.

However, Will was not safe for long as Jack pointed a sword at his throat and asked, "Can you sail under the command of a pirate?" He flipped the sword round fo Will to grab, "Or can you not?"

Will grabbed the sword handle looking up at Jack, "Tortuga?" He asked,

"Tortuga," Jack replied, smirking.

"What's in Tortuga?" Delphine asked, making her way towards the two men.

Jack looked her up and down his smirk returning to his lips, "For you, some clothes,"

Delphine's eyes widened as she remembered what she was wearing and quickly gasped running back to the Captains quarters.

***

Delphine remained in the Captain's quarters for most of the day. Waiting for her dress to dry while also keeping away from her company, but most importantly so she could have some peace and quiet, maybe even a nap to gain some of her energy back.

The Interceptors Captains quarters were, in Delphine's ever so humble opinion, surprisingly nice, there was a large bed, and Delphine was sure to lay on it to make sure it was as comfortable as it looked. When her body hit the bed and her head hit the pillow, she immediately relaxed, she didn't know when the next time she'd get peace and quiet would be so wanted to take advantage of what she had right now. The princess was exhausted and as she lay on the comfortable bed she tried her very best to resist the drooping of her eyelids and the heaviness she felt trying to keep them open. She wanted to sleep so badly but also didn't want to miss anything important happening above her on their journey to Tortuga.

As sleep was just about to consume Delphine the doors to the captains quarters slammed open, causing the girl to jolt up in surprise and honestly fear.

"Last time I checked, I was the Captain, not you, your grace," Jack Sparrow said, as he stared at Delphine who now sat up on the bed, her legs still spread out.

Delphine rolled her eyes and lay her head back down onto the pillow, "Just waiting for my dress to dry,"

"In Tortuga, I'll get ya some more," He paused, once again smirking at the princess, "appropriate attire,"

"Is an expensive dress not appropriate enough for you?" Delphine asked, teasing evident in her voice, she, of course, knew what the pirate meant, but wanted to see what he would reply.

"Such a beautiful dress is appropriate for all occasions with a beautiful woman wearing it-" He said, walking towards the bed and sitting near where Delphines feet rested, "Except this occasion," He added pointing his finger towards Delphine, who smiled lightly with confusion at the man.

After a couple moments of a comfortable silence Delphine spoke up yet again, "Captain Sparrow?" She said, gaining his attention as it was the first time he had heard her say his name. Delphine was testing the waters, she was testing the way his name sounded on her tongue as she never imagines addressing someone like him in her life.

"Call me Jack, your grace," He said, his your grace had turned from a formality to a way to tease her, knowing she'd prefer to be called by her name.

"Only if you call me Delphine, Captain," She responded the same teasing tone in her voice as was in his, Jack didn't reply verbally, he only sent her a look as if to say that wouldn't be happening any time soon and it caused Delphine to scoff but continue what she was originally going to ask anyway.

"Do you think Elizabeth is alright?" Jack turned to her hearing the emotion in her voice and wanting to see it on her face. "You don't think they've harmed her do you?"

"Can't say anything for certain," He began, causing Delphine to sigh, "They're a dangerous group but they took her rather than killing her and to me that's saying something,"

Delphine only nodded now sitting up once more and moving her legs from behind Jack so they were dangling off the bed next to him, so they were sat together.

"Lighten up, your grace," Jack said, patting his hand on top of hers in a form of comfort, but also not wanting to overstep any boundaries, "We're nearly at Tortuga!"