IX. WEREN'T TELLING ANYONE

YOUR GRACE - JACK SPARROW
[09] || Weren't telling anyone

Agnes led Delphine back to the pub where Jack and Will were still talking to the man from the pigs pen

Agnes led Delphine back to the pub where Jack and Will were still talking to the man from the pigs pen. "I think this is where we part ways," She said, smiling sadly at the princess, they hadn't know each other long but they already felt comfortable with each other and to have to part so soon saddened both of them.

"What about your clothes?" Delphine asked.

"You can keep them and I'll keep your dress," Agnes began, smile becoming bigger, "until the next time we meet and then we can trade,"

Delphine smiles just as widely as Agnes and nodded, "Thank you, Agnes," She said, taking the other girls hands in her own, "I'll make sure to return them soon,"

"Ah! There you are!" A loud voice interrupted the pairs conversation, "And looking like a pirate, what a lovely job you did Agnes," Jack slurred and Will followed behind him shaking his head at the pirates actions.

"Wow, Delphine," Will said, when he lays eyes on the princess, "You look different,"

"Can't be sticking out now can I?" Delphine said to Will, who smiled at her and nodded.

"Gibbs has gone looking for a crew," Jack butted in explaining what Delphine had missed, "We'll be on the to the Black Pearl and you're lovely lady in no time!" He yelled in excitement, more over the Black Pearl than Elizabeth which made Delphine wonder why, did he want the ship?

***

The next morning Gibbs had lined up a crew for us to take to rescue Elizabeth and for Jack to retake the Pearl, not that Will or Delphine knew of his plans.

"Feast your eyes, Captain." Gibbs said, "All of them faithful hands before the mast. Every man worth his salt, and crazy to boot," The four walked down the line of the crew Gibbs had acquired.

"So this is your able-bodied crew?" Will asked Jack, looking along the line and then Jack who ignored him and continued walking down the line until they came across a man with a parrot.

"You! Sailor," Jack said to the man.

"Cotton, sir," Gibbs replied instead.

"Mr. Cotton, do you have the courage and fortitude to follow orders and stay true in the face of danger and almost certain death?" Jack asked, both him and Will looking at Mr Cotton in all seriousness. "Mr Cotton, answer man," Jack said when he didn't reply.

"He's a mute, sir," Gibbs leant forward for explain to Jack, causing Delphine to snigger at the way Jack was acting. Jack sent her a playful glare before indicating Gibbs to continue, "Poor fella had his tongue cut out. So he trained the parrot to talk for him," Mr Cotton opened his mouth to show them hat he indeed had no tongue. "No ones yet figured how,"

"That's incredible," Delphine added, pushing Jack in the side to stop him from pulling the rude face he was pulling at Mr Cotton, "Does it work?" She didn't know who she was directing the question to.

"I'll find out," Jack said, moving slightly forward to face Mr Cottons parrot, "Mr Cottons parrot, same question,"

"Wind in your sails," The parrot answered, "Wind in your sails," Delphine, Will and Jack look at the parrot in confusion, they didn't know what that meant.

"Mostly, we figure that means yes," Gibbs explained.

"Of course it does!" Jack said, turning to Will, "Satisfied?"

"Well you've proved they're mad," Will remarked.

"And what's the benefit for us?" one of the crew members further along the line spoke up, gaining the attention of all four of them.

Jack walked towards the voice and the figure who had their hat covering their face. Jack reached for the hat and pulled it off them, exposing the crew member to be a beautiful woman with dark hair and dark skin.

After Jack said what Delphine assumes was her name, the man was hit by yet another slap, his head again whipping round.

"I suppose you didn't deserve that one either," Will said, looking at the pirate. Delphine once again let out a small snigger, causing Jack to send her the look once more.

"No, that one I deserved," Jack told them, turning around to Anamaria, who was nodding in agreement.

"You stole my boat!" Anamaria yelled, slapping Sparrow again before he could answer.

"Borrowed, without permission," Jack explained, "but with very intention of bringing it back to you."

"But you didn't," She yelled back, obviously really mad at what he had done.

"You'll get another one," Jack said, causing her to point her finger at him menacingly.

"A better one," Will added,

"A better one," Jack repeated nodding his head eagerly at what Will had said.

"That one!" Delphine added, pointing to the Interceptor, she knew Anamaria would want proof of the better boat she would be getting.

"What one?" Jack asked, whipping his head around to look at Delphine in shock. Delphine gave him a look as if to say come on. Jack turned around to look at the Interceptor, "That one?" This time both Will and Delphine gave him the same look. "Aye, that one!" Jack said to Anamaria

"What say you?" Jack asked, hopeful she'd be happy and they'd all make up his crew.

When they all said "Aye" and made their way on board, Delphine smiled, now knowing they'd have more of a chance of rescuing Elizabeth.

"No, no." Gibbs said once the crew had walked off, "Its frightful bad luck to bring a woman aboard, sir,"

"You're fine with me being aboard?" Delphine asked, wondering why he was fine with her but not with another female.

"That's because you're a princess and all," Gibbs explained, causing Delphine's mouth to drop open and look at Jack.

"I thought we weren't telling anyone," Delphine said, giving Jack a pointed look as it was his idea to hide her identity for her safety. Jack only shrugged at the girl a light smile on his lips before he turned to Gibbs saying it'd be much worse not to have Anamaria aboard.