XI. THERE IS A STORY

YOUR GRACE - JACK SPARROW
[11] || There is a story

"What's the code you were talking about, Gibbs?" Delphine asked him as they waited for Will and Jack to return with Elizabeth

"Pirates code, Princess," Gibbs said, "Any man who falls behind is left behind,"

Delphine gulped, "You're not actually going to listen to that though, are you?" She hoped he'd say no, that if one returned without the other they'd go help whoever needed it.

"It's the code, and Jack said to stick to it,"

Delphine sighed quickly changing the subject she didn't want to think of either Jack or Will getting left behind due to some stupid code, "They should've let me go with them,"

"You know full well why they didn't, Princess," Gibbs replied, smiling at the persistent girl.

"Will yes, but Jack no, why does a pirate care so much for keeping me safe?"

"Tis quite odd," Gibbs agreed, "Jacks never been one to care for a woman, although there is a story,"

"A story?" Delphine asked, "He seems to have many of those,"

Gibbs chuckled in agreement, "It's said to be about his compass. The compass is said to point to which the holder most desires, it's most likely what lead us to the Isla de Muerta,"

Delphine nodded, "So that's why it's not broken,"

"Aye, however, it's said that the compass holds more special powers than just that, it's said that once the holder has met who they're destined to be with the compass won't stop pointing towards them until the two seal their bond with a kiss,"

"What like soulmates?" Delphine asked, she couldn't imagine Jack having a long term relationship, let alone a soulmate.

"You could say that,"

"Are you saying that Jack cares for me because his compass claims he's destined to be with me?" Delphine wanted to know exactly what Gibbs was implying, after all he knew Jack better than she did.

"You could also say that,"

"But the compass wouldn't have taken us here is that were so?" Delphine considered, "He met me before we set off,"