XVII. SEE YOU SOON

YOUR GRACE - JACK SPARROW
[17] || See you soon

The four were on the boat going back to the Dauntless

The four were on the boat going back to the Dauntless. Jack looked out to the sea sad that his crew had taken the Pearl and left him behind.

"I'm sorry Jack," Elizabeth said,

"We tried to stop them, persuade them to help us," Delphine added.

"I'm sure you did, your grace," Jack said, turning around to give her a reassuring smile, "But they've only done what's right by them,"

***

When they arrived back at Port Royal, Jack Sparrow was to be hanged as soon as possible, Delphine was supposed to be sent of back to the Northern Isles before his hanging but had managed to persuade Governor Swann to let her witness is, as wrong as it was, Delphine wanted to be there to see Jack go.

Delphine was outraged when she found out Jack was still to be hanged, after everything he had done and everything he had been through to help them and the only repayment he got was his death.

Delphine stood by Elizabeth as Jack stood above the crowd, "This is wrong," She said, Elizabeth nodding heavily in agreement.

"Commodore Norrington is bound by the law, as are we all," Governor Swann explained, sending a harsh look Delphine's way in order to silence her further protests.

Will appeared from the crowd saying hello to all who stood there before turning to Elizabeth, "I should've told you from the moment I met you that I love you," He said before walking off back into the crowd.

That's when the commotion started, Delphine saw Cottons parrot fly away and knew then that Jack wouldn't be dying today.

"Elizabeth!" Delphine yelled as Commodore Norrington and Governor Swann began to walk forward, "She can't breathe,"

And as if on cue, Elizabeth fainted, the attention of the two men immediately going to her. Delphine moves out of their way and tuned her attention onto Will who flung his sword at the wooden board under Jack from his to stand on, meaning the noose wouldn't suffocate him. Delphine sighed in relief, as Will ran up to the execution platform and began fighting the executioner.

She had no idea what to do as Commodore Norrington neared then only to be knocked over as Will chucked the executioner off of the platform, jumping off the platform himself and grabbing the piece of rope with Jack and using it to trip up the guards that came towards them.

Eventually they couldn't fight any longer and were surrounded by the Royal Navy guards. Delphine was the first one to their sides, grabbing Jacks hand in her own, she stood strong next to Will as Norrington and Governor Swann came towards them.

"I thought we might have to endure some manner of ill-conceived escape attempt, but not from you," Norrington said, pointing his sword at Will.

"On our return to Port Royal, I granted you clemency and this is how you thank me," Governor Swann added looking at Will in distaste, "but throwing in your lot with him?" He then looked at Delphine, "I don't even know what's gotten into you Delphine, he's a pirate,"

"And a good man!" Delphine said back to them, Will nodding his head in agreement. Delphine felt Jack squeeze her hand in appreciation which caused a light smile to form on the princesses lips.

"If all I have achieved here is that the hangman will earn two pairs of boots instead of one, so he it," Will added, "At least my conscience will be clear,"

"You forget your place, Turner," The commodore said still pointing his sword at him, "You too, Delphine,"

"It's right here, between you and Jack," Will said.

"Mine too," Delphine added.

"As is mine," Elizabeth said, walking forward and linking her arm with Wills.

"So this is where your heart truly lies then?" Norrington asked Elizabeth, his face falling as she nodded and said "It is,"

"Well, I'm actually feeling rather good about this," Jack said, coming out from behind Will and Elizabeth, still holding onto Delphine's hand and dragging her with him.

"I think we've all arrived at a very special place, eh," Jack said, talking to Governor Swann, "Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically," He then moved onto the Commodore, still dragging Delphine alongside him.

"I want you to know that I was rooting for you, mate," Jack said to Norrington, causing Delphine to scoff.

"No you weren't, he was rooting for Will," Delphine said, looking from Jack to Norrington with a smile.

"As you say, your grace," Jack said, but whispered into his ear that it was him he was rooting for causing Delphine to laugh as he wasn't being very discreet.

"Elizabeth, it never would've worked between us darling," He said, causing Elizabeth to furrow her eyebrows, "I mean, I have the beautiful Delphine so I'm sorry,"

He turned to Will saying "Nice hat," before turning to Delphine once more.

"You have to go," Delphine said cutting Jack off before he could say it himself.

"Sail to the Northern Isles, your grace," He began, "I'll pick you up as soon as you get there,"

"And how will you where that it is?"

He opened his compass to see where it was pointing, Delphine looked down to see the compass point pointing directly at her and she smiled, remembering the story Gibbs had told her those many days ago.

"Goodbye, your grace," He said, walking backwards so he could jump into the water and get to the Black Pearl, "I'll be sure to see you soon,"

END OF ACT ONE