Chapter 17: Boyfriend

Xander POV:

All the bridesmaids except the one I actually wanted to see came over to me right after the rehearsal. They introduced themselves and I responded politely but I kept watching the door for Addie. I barely listened to what they said, especially once the guy that escorted Addie down the aisle walked in with another groomsmen. I reminded myself it was nothing. He was just doing his groomsmen duty. Probably. Except the dress she was wearing would make anyone fall to their knees so how could I possibly believe that? She failed to mention the dress she was wearing was completely open in the back.

My eyes followed him until I smelled Addie approaching. There was a look of annoyance on her face and she came over quickly. I frowned, wondering who upset her. She surprised me when she got to me, wrapping an arm around my waist and standing on her toes to press a kiss to my cheek.

"Hi girls, I see you've met my boyfriend," she said with a stiff smile.

Oh. Oh. I smirked. Looks like I wasn't the only one getting jealous.

"Boyfriend?" One repeated, looking over at me.

"Wholly and completely hers," I responded, taking her free hand and bringing it up to my lips. "You look absolutely stunning, my love," I said, pressing a kiss to the inside of her palm. She flushed and cleared her throat. I smirked and looked back at the girls. "Nice to meet you, ladies."

They smiled and walked away with dejected looks on their faces. She released her hold on me and stepped back, looking embarrassed and adorable in every possible way. I couldn't help it. I had to fuck with her.

"Xander is it?" Someone said before I could speak.

I turned my head to see the bride, holding out her hand. Now that I could see her face I remembered her from the club, her hair color threw me off. I smiled and took her hand, bringing her knuckles to my lips.

"You must be Tasha," I said, kissing her hand. "I hear I have you to thank for this striking dress Addie has."

A smile and blush came across her face. "Yes you do and you're welcome," she said proudly. "Did I hear the girls right? Boyfriend?" Tasha asked, turning her gaze to Addie.

Addie seemed frozen in place as Tasha frowned at her. I snaked my arm around her waist and smiled.

"It's fairly new but I'm already crazy about her," I answered, dipping my head down to press a kiss to her head.

"Well, I can't blame you," Tasha said, grinning. "You've got a lot of explaining to do," she said to Addie with a frown before addressing me. "I guess I'll see you at the wedding tomorrow then."

"No," Addie said quickly. Tasha looked at her with a frown and Addie took a minute to compose herself. "I just mean, I didn't tell you soon enough so you don't have a place for him."

"Oh please, it's not that kind of wedding," Tasha said, waving her hand dismissively. "There will be plenty of room. Now let's head to the restaurant. I'm starving. You're riding with Xander I assume?"

Addie nodded and Tasha grinned again, giving me a wave before walking out the door. Addie barely gave me a glance before pulling away and heading out the door. I caught up to her easily, taking stride next to her.

"Boyfriend, huh?" I teased.

"It's nothing, I just thought about what you said and it made sense," she clipped. "Get that smug smile off your face."

"Oh, Adira," I chuckled, grabbing hold of her hand to stop her.

She turned towards me and I lifted my hand to her hair, running my fingers through it.