-45-

[waves]

Taehyung finally made it down to the beach almost out of breath. The sun was setting so it was quite hard to see some things as he began to catch his breath, trying to search for where Jungkook was.. getting nervous once he couldn't see him anywhere.

"Kook?" The brunette called out, doing a 360 turn trying to see if the older was hiding but he couldn't spot him. Taehyung began to get scared until he felt someone run into him, causing him to fall to the ground.

Jungkook's plan was to scare the younger and hug him afterwards, but instead he accidentally ran into him causing him to fall on top of the brunette who fell to the sand.

"Oh hey, didn't see you there." The older laughed as he looked down at the younger who was beneath him. The sun that was setting was hitting directly onto his face causing him to glow, it was a sight Jungkook thought he would never be able to get enough of.

"You scared me." Taehyung shyly told, holding his hands against the elders chest who was still breathing above him. Both of them didn't even realize what kind of position they were in because they were too busy staring at each other.

"Awe I'm sorry baby, what can I do to make it up to you?"

There was only one answer in both the brunette and raven haired males minds but they were both too nervous to actually say or do it, so they only continued to stare at each other. They didn't really care how long they stayed there for because they thought they were the only ones at the beach.

"Oh shit~ what do we have here?" 

Taehyung and Jungkook quickly snapped their heads around to face the group of guys that were beginning to approach them. Oh no the raven haired thought to himself, him and the younger picking up their stuffed animals while standing to face the group.

Jungkook looked to the side, beginning to worry at how frightened Taehyung looked while staring at the group of guys from their school. The older quickly interlocked his hand with the youngers, hoping to calm him down.

"Don't let go." Jungkook whispered to Taehyung once he felt him try to pull his hand away, figuring that the younger thought the guys would bully them if they saw them holding hands but Jungkook didn't care.

"So the rumors are true?" Jackson smirked, about five other guys walking behind him. "You two even have stuffed animals, how cute."

Taehyung felt offended as he clutched his lion closer to him, gripping the elders hand harder indicating he was scared now. "Leave." Jungkook sternly told the guys, only receiving a laugh from Jackson.

"We're not going to do anything, I just want to see Taehyung's lion." The male stated, stepping closer to the younger who gulped when Jackson put his hand out so he could 'examine' the lion.

"W-why?" Taehyung stuttered, fear in his eyes as he stared at the man standing in front of him. "Because it looks cute, I just want to get a closer look at it."

The brunette wasn't going to give him the lion, but he thought if Jackson only wanted to look at it and then give it back it'd be fine.. right? So Taehyung hesitantly handed the male the lion. Jungkook had no clue what was going on so he only watched as Jackson took the lion in his hands.

"Awe guys look how cute it is." Jackson stated causing the guys that were behind him to laugh. By now Jungkook could tell that he was just trying to bully the brunette which Taehyung didn't catch on to yet.

"Can I have it back please?" Taehyung begged, not liking the way everyone was laughing at it. Jackson turned his head back to face the brunette's, smirking to himself.

"I think it'd look better in the water."

Jungkook and Taehyung both didn't have time to react before Jackson threw the lion way out into the water, all of the guys laughing once the plushie was far out in the ocean.

"What the fuck!" The raven haired yelled, quickly throwing his shirt off before running into the water to retrieve the lion while all of the guys were still laughing behind him. 

"What a loser." One of the guys commented, all six of them leaving Taehyung alone to watch the older swim out into the cold water. It was getting really dark now so Jungkook wasn't even visible now.

The brunette felt his eyes begin to water up once he couldn't see Jungkook anymore, the worst possible outcomes coming into his mind as he sunk to the ground.. sitting on his knees as tears began to fall down his face waiting for the older to return.

Five whole minutes passed by and Jungkook still wasn't back with the lion, only getting worse and worse ideas of what could happen as the seconds passed by. The water must've been freezing since it was pretty cold and dark out which only caused Taehyung to worry more.

"Come back.." The brunette cried out with his eyes closed, tears still falling down his face. And as if it was on cue, a pair of arms wrapped around the youngers tiny body.. the lion being set down by his side as Jungkook leaned his cold body against Taehyung's.

Once the younger felt Jungkook in front of him again, he quickly wrapped his arms around the older as well. Tears were still falling down his face because he was still scared.

"I'm here." The raven haired reassuringly told, closing his eyes as he stoked the back of Taehyung's neck. The two stayed like that for a few, Taehyung still trying to control his tears because of how scared he got.

"You're s-shivering." The brunette worriedly commented, quickly taking off his own hoodie which had a shirt under it, wrapping it around Jungkook's torso. The older softly smiled as he felt Taehyung's shaky hands wrap the hoodie around his drenched body.

"Are you okay baby?" The raven haired asked once he heard the youngers sobs, still holding him close to his chest. 

"I t-thought you w-weren't coming b-back." 

"Hey." Jungkook softly said as he placed his hand on Taehyung's chin, pulling his head up so he could look him in the eyes. The brunette's eyes were glistening with tears in them, sad but beautiful at the same time. The older grabbed the bunny that was beside him and grabbed Taehyung's lion, making the two animals hug each other while smiling at the younger.

"Mr. Bunny will always come back for Mr. Lion."

goodnight ♡