Chapter 21: By the way you left without saying Goodbye

[ Asemod ' Killer ' Thenos POV]

4 Years ago...

He stood in the back lot as the reception went on inside, he was waiting for Rose to come out and meet him. All day during the wedding he had constantly been stealing kisses and touches from her as she ran around with Tabitha.

Inside the music was playing,  and the sounds of his friends having fun reached his ears.

Pulling the last drag from his umpteenth cigarette,  he dropped the butt and stepped it out,  Rose was very late to come to meet him,  and so he headed inside intent on finding her.

" Killer!, " Tabitha shouted his name as he stepped back inside.

Killer waved over at the willy girl hanging on the arm of his brother Tree.

He made his way around the room greeting other brothers until he finally got to the table where Jane ad Madison,  the newly weds were sitting together sharing cake and laughs.
The entire time he hadnt spotted Rose anywhere.

" Hey!, " Jane noticed him first, " What are you still doin here!"

" Iv been looking for Ghost,  you seen her?, " he asked the small girl.

Madison answered him first,  after the two shared a perplexing look.
" She left a bit ago,  better hurry on home. I bet shes waiting on you. "

Killer broke out a wide grin,  thoughts of what she could possibly be doing while waiting for him. Jane and Madison caught on to his thoughts and both let out a laugh.
Killer let out his own laugh before bidding the new couple a great night.
On his way home he couldn't help the smile that played at his lips, things were going so great. He felt really and truly happy. He was even playing with the idea of asking her to be his old lady.
When he pulled into his drive, the first thing he noticed was the missing red harley .
A pit dropped in his gut, something was wrong.
Slowly with caution he got from his vehicle, his own harley alone in front of his closed garage. The lights in his home were off, as if no one was home. With skepticism he drew his firearm, just in case and made his way to the door.
A symphony of dirt crunching beneath his boots,mixed with the rhythm of the forest blanketing him home. His heart a steady beat in his chest as he pushed his key into the lock until the click.
His door, which he could have sworn never made a sound before, seemed to fill the blank stillness of his house with a deafening creak as it opened.
The pit seemed to deepen.
He knew, before his heel crossed the thresh hold.
He knew, but still he barreled in.
Light filled each room he flung himself into, he knew.
His heart the only sound he heard, his his throat vibrated with his shouts.
His home was empty, not just empty. It wasn't even a home anymore.
Rose had held true to her name of a ghost.
The cabinets that once held her very own coffee mug , now only held his. Everything from her strewn about socks to the very smell of her in his sheets was gone.
As if she was never even there.

Asemod, didn't even know he had done it until it was done. The table flipped, glass shattered, anything upright was now in ruins.
His breath stung his lungs from the long tortured inhaled.
His face wet from tears he didn't know he had shed.
The pit now an abyss.
She was gone.

Asemod sat in the rubble of his bedroom, desperately clutching his own t shirt, the one she had worn that very same morning. But it was cold and stale. The only smell on it was his own.
He didn't know how long he sat there but eventually the sun had gone, and his tears had dried, his heart had turned to stone.