Chapter 23: Bring ya to ya knees

[Rose ' Ghost' McKillen POV]

Rose felt the sinking feeling of anticipation wreak havoc in her stomach. But she knew there was no backing down now, she worked for the Accountant, and that meant there was no room for fuck ups. Her and Eyes either had to cop up the dead body of Carter Blue'del or replace him with a higher mark.

" Are you done yet?" Rose complained from beside Ian.
" No , now shut up." Ian snapped, not bothering to look at her from behind his binoculars.

" My ass is numb," she whined.

" You know you could have just stayed at the hideout", his voice held nothing but annoyance.

" Yeah well I didn't think it'd take this long. Why exactly can't we just walk right in there. I mean what are they gonna do? Shoot me!" Rose didn't understand why Ian insisted on getting recon.

Rose knew that shit could hit the fan. But she had friends in the compound and she knew Tabitha wouldn't let them shoot her. And if they did she was fine shooting a biker.
She had only accompanied Ian on this little excursion because she knew if she'd stayed hiding out in their hurry hole, all she would do would be constantly thinking of one certain biker.

Guilt was slowly eating at her, and she was doing almost everything to avoid that feeling. And that included contemplating just getting their reunion over with. She knew that Asemod was pissed she left, Tabby had made sure to chew her ear off about it all.

But she decided to just ignore the entirety of the dire situation she had put herself in.

" Oh fuck it!" She sat back and grumbled. Ian wasn't going to listen to her and if she kept complaining she was likely to be sporting two lame legs .

She had sat there and watched as The Den went on lock down watching all the biker and their women come into the compound. She had managed to briefly notice a few noticeable face in the sea of men and leather.

Rolling onto her stomach, she scooped up her tossed aside binoculars, deciding to watch along side Ian.