One

"You've had this connection for a while now and you haven't thought to tell us, so you've had time to think of a response so now you must tell us Ms. Granger it is of utmost importance that you tell us" Dumbledore says gently.

I look around the Headmasters office at professor McGonagall and Professor Snape then back at Dumbledor. Sighing, I resign to my fate. "All I know is that It started the day I was born, I would suddenly start freezing and crying" I Start the story of my life. "My parents never knew what was going on. They tried everything to get me to stop crying and warm me up, but nothing they did seemed to help, sometimes I would stop freezing and other times I would start, it was a random occurrence. My mother and father would recount the horror stories to me about how I would just randomly start screaming bloody mercy, as if I was in pain oh, and there was nothing they could do to get me to stop, no amount of consoling would help. It was hell until I turned five and learned to read. I found solace in the books I read, reading at a higher grade than I should have, desperately trying to destract my mind. When I was six I eventually learned the coldness would never go away so I started taking a lot more hot baths and when I did that the coldness disappeared altogether and didn't come back for a while, but in the place of the coldness the sorrow came, depression. I remember crying for no reason not being able to stop, the feeling that I would never be happy echoing through my mind and my body.

The Muggle doctors my parents took me to, diagnosed me with depression at a very young age, six, which came with its own problems, therapist upon therapist trying to figure out what was wrong with me turns out nothing was, and that somebody else that was causing this well they figured that out when I turned eleven and you came Professor McGonagall, and gave me that letter for my Acceptance into Hogwarts, and proved that magic was real. I used the pursuit of knowledge to distract me from the depression in the coldness that still came, and became the know-it-all that you all know today and the kids love to hate. Well those feelings kind of went to the back burner and I barely noticed it, that is until just before the news of the mass breakout happened. I had never felt such joy and elation and then it happened and all the coldness just disappeared, I figured then that it had to do with the breakout but I didn't know how to tell you, and then again I didn't know who it is that I'm connected to, or why for that matter."

I scratch the back of my head "I just don't know... And I hate not knowing" I frown leaning back in the chair.

Dumbledore lays his hands on his desk and rises "well this has been most illuminating, now lies in how we are going to figure out who you seem to be connected to, you may be dismissed, If you find anything else out please be sure to tell us" I nod my head, stand up and turn around, heading for the door.

"Ms. Granger?" McGonagall's voice rings out causing me to turn my head and look at her, her face full of concern "Do be careful" I look to professor Snape and I swear I see a flicker of worry on his face too, but his face quickly moved back to his stoic mask, showing no emotion, so I could have possibly imagined it. Looking back to McGonagall I nod my head then turn and leave.

The moment I step into the hall on my way back to the gryffindor common room, suddenly my entire body is engulfed in burning pain and I collapse to the ground, I don't realize I'm screaming until I feel a hand on my back, the pain stops but I still feel it echoing through my body, I shudder looking up to see McGonagall's face full of concern and to my surprise Snape with worry on his face too. That is, before the pain came back full force, causing my body to seize up before everything goes black.

_______________________________

Pain.

That's the first thing I notice when I come to. The second thing I notice is professor McGonagall standing over me. I groan trying to sit up. "Careful," McGonagall says gently, reaching over to help me sit up.

"What happened? Where am I?" I ask, holding my head looking around. "Oh, the hospital wing" McGonagall nods

"The cruciatus curse is what happened, though there was nobody around you but Snape and I at the time you suffered it." McGonagall says with concern and worry seemingly permanently etched on her face "It seems that whoever you are connected to might be someone dangerous because that curse leaves behind a trace of magic that scars the body from prolonged exposure to it, um may I?" Minerva says gesturing to my stomach. Confused, I frown but nod my head. She slowly reaches for the edge of my shirt, pulling it up and pushing the hem of my pants down slightly so the full view of the scar can be seen. I gasp at the sight of it, a broken spider web of raised black skin. Almost as if it was burned, charred beyond recognition, I reach to touch it and find it still feels like my skin, it just looks charred. Sighing I sit up, groaning at the residual pain.

"How long will it stay?" I ask curiously

"Forever, But the charred effect can be reduced by applying this cream once a day, every day till it's gone" professor McGonagall says motioning towards the small container of lotion on the bedside table. "Madame Pomfrey left it there for you."

I slide off the bed grabbing the container as I do "Thank you Professor" I sigh heading to the library. Who is it I'm connected to, and why... And why me. Reaching the library I go and say hello To Madam Pince.

"Well Hello there Hermione" Madam Pince greets me as soon as she sees me "What can I do for you today" she smiles

"May I go into the restricted section, I-I need to find something out about myself, figure out why something keeps happening to me" I say returning the smile

"Sure, though it is getting late remember to get back to your dorm soon, or Umbridge will have you for detention" she states with a slight grimace "I'd hate to see that happen"

"I will. Thank you." I reply making my way back towards the restricted section. I start scanning the book titles trying to find something, anything that could help me.

I come across a thin book called Souls, Souls, Souls: The power that binds them. A study Curiosity peaked, I pick it up, and flip through the pages though something stops me

Soul bonds can be achieved by only pure happenstance and are extraordinarily rare. The sex of a person, the amount of people, and age difference have no pertinence to the result of the Soul Bond.

Soul bonds have differing effects. They can cause the two or group of people to have a mental connection with the other(s), to feel the emotions of their bonded, or the most dangerous to have a physical connection, in which anything that happens to the one can and will happen to the other, if one dies so too does the other.

I feel the need to sit down, finding a desk and I sit at it, immediately starting to read again.

Soul bonded people or groups can have any combination of these effects, or just one. Though it has been reported that soul bonded people can develop the other effects once all parties have met.

Soul bonds can be platonic or romantic. Studies show that this fact can not be determined immediately and can change. Most soulbonds are reportedly romantic in nature.

It is important to note that soul bonds only develop once all parties are born.

"Morgana, help me now" I sigh out laying my head down on the desk closing the book. Now all that remains is to find out who. Noticing that its nearly curfew, I get up to put the book back and walk back to my dorm saying bye to Madam Pince on my way out. Ignoring everyone else, I go straight to bed, suddenly exhausted I pass out the second my head touches the pillow.

_________________________________

Long black curls, the smell of a campfire, eyes as dark as night, crooked wand, leather... So much leather

"Who are you?"

"I am yours as you are mine, and
I've been waiting for you."