rules of the beast part two

(Name's pov)
I gave an awkward smile as I hear Jonathan clear his throat as I looked at him. "What's wrong Jonathan?" "I just, I felt a little awkward standing here.." "ah but of course, please, sit down." He said as he pulled a chair for me as I sat down and smiled, thanking him as he pushed in my chair even in his frail form. Jonathan, however, had to pull in his own chair as he St down at th table.

A plate was also given to me. "You to must be starving. Forgive m that I do not dine with you, I have already fed today though." "OH that's alright, I'm sorry we both were later than we planned but it seems no one would take us up here." "Please my dear, do not fret over things you could not control." He said waving his hand dismissively. I have a thankful smile as Jonathan turned to me and then to the count.

"So all you'll need to do is sign your name on these papers and the deals will be sealed." "You know Mr. Harker, I've wanted to visit England for so long, here..I wither among my people they..they have no flavour." He said causing me to give a confused glance as he spoke.

"I'm sorry I think you mean character." I corrected as he looked at me and chuckled.  "Perhaps." He said as I have a smile. English was no easy language. "See that is why it is good to have you two here, you can help me with my English." "I'd love to, perhaps you can teach me Romanian." I responded as Jonathan gave an odd look.

I looked away as I saw a painting of a middle aged man, he was..rather attractive. "Excuse me. .who is that?" He turned as he saw me staring. "An ancestor from long ago.." "he's very handsome" I said as it just slipped past my lips. "Yes I suppose so..well..either way you both will stay a month here." A month..that was a long time.

"Sir..may I ask why you wish for us to stay so long?" I asked as he looked at me. "Simple I wish for you to teach me the ways of English society." He said looking at us as I didn't exactly know how to disagree or say no to him. "Right.." "you should know that I will not be present in the mornings but I will be here in the evenings." He said as he lead us to a room.

"This is where you will stay, Mr.Harker." he said as it showed a grand room, it was absolutely gorgeous. "You will not share the same room I'm afraid." "Wait what? She's my sister what do you-" "it's just a rule I have." He said, his voice showing t was not up for debate.

"Johnny I'll be fine really." I said as he looked at me before the count took my arm as he lead me down the hall as we approached a wooden door.

"Please, enjoy the room." He said as he pushed the door open.  It was beautiful, it was more taken care of than Jonathan room, there were dresses in the closet although they looked out of date.

"I hope you enjoy the room..I must..rest now and you should too." He said as something about the way..no I'm over thinking things.

"Yes f course thank you count." I said as I nodded to him with a smile as he slowly closed the door.

Click

Did..he just lock my door? Why would he do that?

"Hello, count I..I think you locked my door." I said though I got no response. "Count?" Nothing. I gave a sigh as I tried the door only for it to rattle. Yeah I was locked in. Perhaps another rule..

I sat on the bed only to realize I had no luggage. I looked around the room as I saw the dresser as I walked over and picked out a nightgown. I looked around before I stripped down, taking off my dress, the petticoat, the corset, the chimse. I folded it neatly before I stopped. I felt..watched.. I turn around but yet I saw nothing.

I'm being paranoid..I quickly put the gown on as I yawn and rub my eye. It had been a long day, I should head to bed. But I couldn't shake rhw feeling of being watched.