rules of the beast part 6

(No one's pov)
A man walked in, looking at the two sleeping lawyers he had in his dining room as he set down a bag, walking over as he took (Name) in his arms as he slowly laid her down on the lush carpet near the fire as she let out a soft groan as she slowly opened her eyes.

"Try not to sit up so fast love." She heard as she saw Dracula. "Count I--" "it's okay, it's alright, you and Jonathan seem tired." "Ah yes..well actually we decided a little earlier to look around, then we came back here to work.." she muttered as she held her head as she saw Jonathan passed out. "Jona--" "he's alright, sleeping, he seems in worse condition than you, let him sleep." He said as she stopped as she looked at him. He looked..young? He looked ancient before..or..was she remembering wrong? Or is what she's seeing wrong?

"You look confused." "I just, nothing..here, I'm going to make some dinner." She said standing up as he looked at her. "Are you sure? I have already eaten." "You have?" "Yes, and dinner has been made." "..I see I must have been out for a while.." she said rubbing her neck as Jonathan let out a groan.

"Jonathan, there you are." She said relaxing as she knew he was okay.

"I shall join you momentarily." The count said as both were too put of it to hear the small cries in the bag.

When they were at the dinner table, (Name) had finally worked up the courage to speak.

"Count I..is there anyone else here in the castle?" "Hm?" "I mean besides us, me, you, Jonathan." "No..there isn't." He said, an underlying tone she just couldn't quite place in his voice. "Ah.." "well, there are the servants." "I haven't seen them.." she muttered. She really hadn't,  and there's no way she didn't just zone out enough that she didn't notice them.

"Yes well they aren't here at night." "I haven't seen them at night either. Please forgive me if I sound rude, I'm not saying you are lying, just, I've heard noises at night, so is there anyone else living in the castle?" She asked as he looked right at her, putting the papers he held onto the table. He leaned in, his hands clasped together as his eyes never left hers.

"No, (Name). There isn't anyone else living in the castle." He said as she was confused. The way he said 'living' it was odd. "I'm sorry. Living? Just the way you said it.." she said softly as he looked at her and then smiled. He knew she was bright, of course she would pick up on that.

"Yes, living, I told you before there are rumors of spirits wandering these halls." "Ah I see." She said as she looked away. That did make sense. "I'm sorry if I came off--" "do not worry about it. If anything that proves to me that I made the right decision with having you come. You pick up on small details." He said flashing a smile. "Now, I must rest, and you both should head to bed." He said as he gave a smile to the two of them. But to Jonathan..it felt like the count was ripping him apart with his eyes when he smiled at him.