rules of the beast part 7

(Name) closed her eyes as she laid in the bed, her mind racing over the days events. Could it be that she was mad? No, Jonathan also saw it. Perhaps the count didn't know, perhaps her and her brother were both insane, perhaps the count knew..there were a lot of possibilities and every last one led (Name) deeper into her thoughts. Eventually though she grew tired, her eyes opening and closing as each time she blinked it felt like her lids got heavier. Could it be that she and Jonathan were in danger? Now that she really thought about it, the way he acted, the way he looked, he looked far younger. He acted completely different as his accent was almost completely gone. She didn't know what it was, or who was happening..but she knew something was up.

And she was right, something was up, but she had no choice but to fall asleep and wait for tomorrow.

Inside her room stood the count, wiping his mouth of the blood he just drained from Jonathan. His eyes piercing her, a look of hunger. Not for her blood, but for her. For her body, her mind, her soul, everything about her needed to be his. He knew that she was starting to suspect something was wrong. That became evident at dinner when she began pushing with questions, the way she called him out for his tone. He knew that before long she would start looking around, she would never find the boxes, but what if she did? Again, she was smart. She picked up on little things. He had to plan for that, make sure that she wouldn't, he couldn't find a good explanation for his brides. To him they were just a way to spread the disease he carried, but how would she feel? Would she feel hurt? Jealous? He never cared before, this was new to him, carrying about how another would feel because of his own actions.

He watched as he slowly crept closer to her bed. He reached a cold hand out, placing it on the edge of the bed, letting it trail over the soft covers up to her face as he stopped. He lifted his hand up, placing it back down on her face as she leaned into the feeling.

She had to be his, there was no way around it. He wanted her, he needed her. In his head whatever he will do, will be because of her, be for her, every last thing he will do.