P R O L O G U E

(ITALICS means dino talk)

Five total hatchlings survived the hatching process at the new Jurassic World Theme Park

Five total hatchlings survived the hatching process at the new Jurassic World Theme Park. Two males and three females: Blue and Charlie as males, Echo, Delta and Juno as the females. For a batch of human made dinosaurs, that's what the people in the lab would call a success.

Of course all it meant for them was more money but they didn't see what Owen Grant saw when he looked into those small reptilian eyes. Owen Grant saw intelligence, he knew what these creatures were and what they were capable of even at such a young age. He was an expert on the matter of Velociraptors and so was called in by Simon Masrani (the main funder of this whole project) to train these velociraptors and study behaviour. Like any dinosaur enthusiast, he accepted.

A whistle sounded from the door to the small enclosure and five little heads popped up, only to see the human who takes care of them. Four quickly lost interest and went back to running around, playfully nipping each other and whacking each other with their tales. However one didn't lose interest as fast and that was little Juno.

Juno the quirky middle child of a small pack of velociraptors. She tilted her head at him, wondering why he came here everyday. After all he had to have some importance to them since they see him so often. She watching him as he quickly filled up the water bowls and clicked a small device which made an odd sound.

So like any curious child she took a few tentative steps forward to where the man was standing in the middle of the room, holding this device between his index finger and thumb. Her siblings weren't paying her any attention so she slowly trotted forward.

Owen was certainly shocked when Juno actually approached him, he didn't think he'd be able to get their attention much less their respect. Of course he knew it was Juno when she approached because of her markings which he had named her after. Juno was the wife of Jupiter, queen of heaven, and goddess of light, birth, women, and marriage however Owen mainly focused on the white and soft yellow markings which faded upwards to her green scales on her legs and front arms. Juno's markings also covered the tip of her tale and a small patch of her head making her easily distinguishable from her siblings.

Juno tilted her head to the side as she watched him and Owen tilted his head to the other side which made Juno quickly change so that they were doing the same thing, like looking in a mirror except instead of your reflection this was a small baby dinosaur copying you.