F O U R

(ITALICS is dino talk)

Juno was in the cage which she hated

Juno was in the cage which she hated. It was this box which they lured the Velociraptors into individually with food, then they were pushed forward so that their head was trapped in metal bars. It was like a muzzle with a leather strap which held her neck in place. It was by no means comfortable but the Velociraptors were able to show their discomfort by banging their bodies against the walls which made it rattle and shake.

It was night now so the earlier fun which the siblings shared earlier was pushed to the back of their minds. Now instinct was running through them: get free and hunt. The fat man also known as Hoskins was walking around the Velociraptors trying to get close enough to touch, however whenever he got too close one would snap as best they could with the muzzles on.

Barry was watching Hoskins with a frown on his face. He knew what a greedy man looked like, Hoskins was no friend to the Velociraptors. Barry had been working with these Raptors almost as long as Owen. Barry knew things like how: Charlie had major mood swings, like one minute he would let you touch him and then bite you hand off, Barry knew that Echo didn't really pay attention to much, did her own thing but followed her older siblings when necessary, he knew how Blue and Juno were the closest, always side by side or playing and then lastly he knew Delta. Barry wasn't allowed to play favourites like any of the people who worked with them but if he could have favourites, Delta would definitely be his.

"She looks at what she wants. Usually what she wants to eat." Arms crossed, Barry speaks out to Hoskins who was teasing Delta once the head-strap with camera had been put on. Before Hoskins could try and come up with a retort the sound of a car pulling up reached their ears.

"The mother hen has finally arrived." Hoskins joke as he walks over to where Owen has just arrived in the car with Claire and her nephews. Owen gets out the car not even bothering to shut the door, while Claire stormed out and slammed the door.

Owen just punched him square in the mouth. The boys who were looking on from the car groaned, it wasn't exactly a gentle punch. After the punch a few guards came up just a few feet behind Hoskins for extra protection. They couldn't underestimate how far Owen would go to save his animals.

"Get the hell out of here and stay away from my animals!" It was an understatement to say that Owen was angry, he was furious and down right livid.

"Hoskins, you wanted this to happen, you son of a bitch!" Claire said as she stalked up besides Owen, her heels giving her little height compared to the men.

"Jesus! How many more people have to die before this mission starts to make sense to you?" Hoskins exclaimed, putting his hands on his hips. It almost looked like he was trying to be tough since Owen was well built and had a few centimetres on him.

Barry who had walked over hearing the commotion stood on Owen's side and said directly to Hoskins, "It's not a mission. It's a field test." This was all Hoskins wanted in a way, a situation to prove that these animals were ready to be put into the army.

"This is an InGen situation now. Okay, there are gonna be cruise ships that show up here at first light. Everybody's gonna get off this island. You're gonna watch a news story tomorrow about how you all saved lives. No, better yet, how your animals saved lives!"

Barry turned to Owen, hoping that he would see some sense, "They've never been out of containment. It's crazy." Barry was so unbelievably shocked that Owen would even consider this idea

"Let's move it out! This is happening! With or without you." With that ultimatum in mind, Owen would rather be on their side to protect the Velociraptors than stand against InGen and have no say in what happens to them.

Owen was in a tent surrounded by other soldiers who would be going on the mission to kill the Indominus-Rex. He couldn't lie and say that he wasn't nervous because he was near wetting himself nervous. Owen didn't want his Raptors put in danger but knew that if they wanted to catch and kill this hybrid the Raptors were everyones best bet now that they knew it could camouflage, hide from thermal detection and didn't have a tracking chip.

"We know that she is in sector five. This is a game we call hide-and-seek. It's a scent drill. We've done it about a thousand times with these animals. Now Juno will lead us, she's our best tracker, during all the drills we have done with these animals she was the fastest and most efficient so we follow her. When they get on target, and they will get on target, wait to engage. Velociraptors are pack hunters. They like to herd the animal into a kill zone. That's when we take our shot. Get a clear shot, wait on my command, and give her everything you got. We got one good target, gentlemen. Do not shoot my Raptors. Please." Owen finished his speech looking at the map of the island that was in-front of them. He didn't want this mission going wrong.

"Easy, Blue. Easy. Attaboy. You don't scare me." Owen was calmly petting Blue, Hoskins always manages to rile them up which frankly didn't surprise Owen one bit. After giving a short briefing and going over the plan Owen promptly made his way over

"Hey Owen, Are they safe?" Gray asked as he leaned on the metal bars, standing on some to make himself seem taller. Gray didn't want to admit it but he was constantly terrified, he was an expert in dinosaurs, he knew what they could do for a twelve year old and after all that had happened in the last day he just wanted to go home to his parents. Like any twelve year old would.

"No, they're not." Owen replied serious, he didn't want Claire's nephew to get his hopes up that they were gentle giants like at the petting zoo,

"What are their names?" Gray asked wanting to know more.

"Well, you got Charlie. There's Echo. Here is Delta. This one's called Blue. He's the beta. And over here is my girl Juno." Owen explained pointing to each one when he said their names.

"Who's the alpha?" Gray asked even more intrigued than before, he had been learning so much in the last day and even though he was completely terrified he was still ecstatic to be around all these dinosaurs.

"You're looking at him, kid." Juno gave a snort of disagreement that earned chuffed laughter from her siblings. The Velociraptors could understand some things and that they understood.

The two young boys laughed as they heard Juno snort, Owen turned around so he was facing Juno who was held by the metal barred muzzle and cage, he gave her a look that was 'half-amusement and half-seriously-i'm-tryna-look-tough'. Owen walked over to Juno and gave her a good head scratching and petting before adjusting her black strap.

"Now June-Bug, you be good." He gave her one last scratch on her head which maid her sigh before he started walking away.

The Velociraptors were once again lured into boxes. These were much smaller and had no light. A chunk of flesh was wafted through the venting system and their eyes immediately dilated, they chattered but Juno was focused. It was like a trail leading her to the scent and she was locked on. She gave a chatter back in confirmation of the smell and the others knew to follow until they were closer and caught on to the smell. There was less light all of a sudden and then a big buzzing noise which made the Velociraptors screech.

Then the doors were open.

The hunt had begun.

A U T H O R ' S N O T E - Hello my dino lovers! tell me what you think and dont forget to comment or whatever.

does anyone else think Barry is so underrated?