chapter 9

Andrea's pov:

I drive to the airport, excited as I have never been before.

Today, Old carter is coming back from his yearly trip to Britain. Gaby couldn't come because he doesn't want to let Bailey by herself. I told him that she can come with us, he was like "I don't want her to get tired."

I have nothing against Bailey, but I'm sure his dad wanted him to be there. But again, he can see him at home, I guess.

I arrive and park. When I see old carter standing by the airport's door, I jump off my car hurriedly and sprint to hug him tightly. He catches my attack kind of hug and laughs hugging me back.

"I see you missed me," he said breaking the hug gently and looking at my face.

"You have no idea," I say, taking his luggage, "you've left me alone with that moron of your son, what do you expect?" I finish, moving with old carter to the unlocked car.

"I thought you liked his company," He teases, smirking. I can see where did Gabriel get his teasing problems. "Yeah, sure," I speak sarcastically.

We get into the car after putting the luggage in the rear trunk of the vehicle. And we drive to a restaurant to get lunch. I ask him about his trip, and he does the same about the company and other casual things.

We take seats inside the Italian Monteverde Restaurant and order.

"Now tell me," He says, shifting in his seat, "what has such importance that made Gabriel absent this time?"

"You won't believe it," I whisper, leaning on the table. "Try me." He leans in, challenging.

"Gabriel Carter is falling in love," I say with a frown. The word love wounding my throat on its way out.

Old carter relaxes in his chair and looks at me with a smile. "I thought he already is". I roll my eyes at him.

Old carter has said that we are meant to be. I might have had a tiny crush on Gaby the first year we worked together. I smile to myself, forgetting about the old man sitting across from me.

"Still in denial, I see, " He points with a smirk on his face. "Stop." I take the fork in my hand and point to his face. "We have already talked about this"

"And by talking, you mean: you laughing for half an hour then saying nice joke?" He asks with raised eyebrows, taking the fork from my hand and placing it on the table. Good idea!

"That happened the first time you brought the subject, the second time I told you you're tripping," I finish, proud of my progress.

"Now tell me who's the unfortunate girl?" He jokes. We get our food and I wait, eager to tell him the whole story.

"Let me start from the day you traveled," I declare. I recount what happened in the past two weeks, and when I finish I take a deep breath "and that's probably all, I think the snitching is done," I laugh.

"You did a great job, I wasn't wrong when I hired you." He jokes, nodding.

"I can't wait to meet the girl that took my son's heart," He adds paying the bill, 'his daughter doesn't pay her bills' that's what he said.

After enjoying our lunch, we head to the penthouse, because again Gabriel Doesn't want to get Bailey tired by taking her to his dad's house. I roll my eyes lightly, afraid that they'll get stuck like the ones I saw on Instagram.

"I'm home," I shout once I open the door and Gaby appears in front of me.

He gives me a side hug and moves to his father. "Father, you came back early this year."

"I can feel your love surrounding me from every corner." Old carter states breaking the hug.

"Welcome back." Said Bailey sneaking her head behind Gabriel's back. She takes few steps not looking up and stops when she reaches old carter, "hello sir, I'm Bailey Smith." Bailey introduces herself smiling and offers her hand. "hello bailey, I'm Adrien Carter. Gabriel's father, but you probably know me by now." He speaks politely shaking her hand, and I could sense his sarcastic tone by the end.

"This was a cute reunion, now I'm going home." Old carter says, making the first part sarcastic and turns back to leave. He gets stopped when Gabriel asks him if he's going already. He responds that he needs rest and I follow to give him a ride home.
_______________________

"Her smile was fake," Noted Adrien out of nowhere. I take a sharp turn and ask once I'm comfortable "what do you mean? "
"Well," He starts looking out of the window, "when I shook her hand I intended to keep the eye contact longer than usual, she didn't let go of my gaze, she kept staring back as if challenging me with that fake smile on her lips, and I know for sure shy people aren't fond of eye contact," He explains seriously, creating tension in the car.

"As a start, I was there. You two didn't shake hands for too long neither was the eye contact. And she probably was excited, Gabriel has been talking about you a lot lately," I argue back. Then add, flirting jokingly "or maybe, she was lost in your mysterious eyes"

"I know my eyes got charm," He talks cockily playing along.

"Cocky much," I say and he starts laughing.

I drop him home after making sure he'll be okay.
__________________________

I laugh and hit Matia's arm. "Girl you need to chill. If every time you laugh you're gonna hit me I'll be doomed." Matia says grabbing his arm in pain.

I'm sitting in an empty meeting room in the company, trying to show Matia the new designs since 10 am but got no progress and it's almost lunch now.

"You're overreacting," I roll my eyes at him.

"I thought this is a workspace," Stated Gaby in his demanding voice. He's not in a good mood obviously.

"Yes Mr. Carter this is a workspace, and this is our new client Matia Rossi," I shoot back glaring at him.

"Future boyfriend," Coughed Matia earning a glare from Gabriel and an elbow in his shoulder from Andrea.

"Let's go have lunch,"." I was hoping that we could have lunch together," Ended Gabriel and Matia at the same time.

They shoot their heads up, looking at each other confused. They look at me and I shift in my place, this is awkward.

"Well-"I clap my hands in excitement -" We can all have lunch together". I exit the room hurriedly leaving two shocked gentlemen.
.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .

Hello lovely readers,
First of all, thank you so much for the 1k it means a lot 😆♥.
Another chapter has been published, it wasn't that long but we hope you enjoyed it.
Do you guys think Gaby is getting jealous or does he want lunch so badly?
Please vote and comment while passing.
Yours,
Yasmine and wissem.