chapter 20

Gabriel's pov:

Today is a big day for the company. We have been working on these architectural designs for the past two months and now, it's time to show them to one of our most important clients. We hope he likes it so we can close the deal, wining him will be a big hit.

I was supposed to check the design yesterday but didn't get them. I call for Andrea and wait for her to come.

"Andrea, can I have the designs please?" I ask, she looks at my desk then back to me.

"I put the file on your desk yesterday and informed you that they'll be there," She says playing dumb.

"What do you mean? I saw nothing yesterday," I ask again losing patience. She doesn't respond but rather checks the desk again herself.

"Don't play dumb. Is this your revenge because I told bailey your past? If it is then this is so unprofessional. I wasn't expecting something such childish to come from you. Now give me the damn documents the client is waiting for." I accuse her, my words being harsher than I imagined.

"Excuse me? How dare you think so low of me? We both know that I don't mix my personal life with work, I would never risk the company for some stupid revenge, and for sure I'm not childish,"

She takes slow steps to my desk and puts her hands on it for support, "you're the irresponsible one who couldn't keep a simple document for one night. it's you who mix personal problems with work, the only unprofessional here is you,"

She walks to the door, every step of hers screams power, "I did nothing wrong. I'm sure that I put that damn document on your desk yesterday, now it's your damn problem to find it," She says before going out of my office. 

I go after her and grab her the moment she's out. I take her back to the office and close the door still holding her arm, I swing her body to face me, "This is not a game, who else would have the documents if it's not you?" I talk with my voice as calm as I can muster, trying not to snap at her.

"Fuck off Gabriel! You're accusing me of hiding such an important document. I told you before and I'm telling you again: I will always put this company before anything," She frees her arm and spits, "I'm really tired of your bullshit these days. I thought that you knew me better than that. I'm really disappointed you've changed so much and for the worse not the better,"

"I did my job yesterday as you told me to, it's not my responsibility anymore. Now let me go," She finishes.

"You're still getting your personal feelings included," I point out, the only thing that I want to know is where the fuck are those designs.

"For god damn sake! the only feelings that I feel are betrayal and disappointment because I can't recognize my best friend," She says her eyes watering a bit. I soften the moment I see her trying to hide them and feel guilty. But who could have them if she doesn't? I pass my fingers through my hair in frustration.

"maybe you should ask your girlfriend, I already found her searching in your stuff. Maybe she did it again," She accuses Bailey. Forget about the guilt!

"Why do you hold such a grudge on her? Yeah I know that I talked about your past and I was wrong I'm sorry, but she only did that to protect and stand up for herself," I defend her. Andrea's face now is red from anger and she's taking a fighting posture ready to attack at any moment.

"WHAT? So you're telling me that I attacked her? When all I did was trying to apologize and she is the one who started it I'm the one who defended herself!" She argues sharply. Andrea looks to the side taking deep breaths then adds looking me in the eyes, "did love make you that blind Gabriel? You should open your eyes and see that bailey isn't the sensitive scared little girl she acts to be,"

I stop talking, afraid that I would hurt her even more. She takes my silence as a clue and leaves, this time I don't stop her.

I never thought that Andrea would do something like this. And even now I'm not convinced with my accusations, I don't know why I said that. I've been keeping my anger inside for her attitude knowing I have no right to be angry, so the moment she did something wrong I couldn't let go.

I feel bad about the way I talked to her but she still had no right to talk about my girlfriend.

Andrea's pov:

I slam the door of my office and lean on it to make sure nobody can see me weak.

How could he think of me so low? No, how could he hurt me even more when I thought he would feel bad the moment he realizes his mistake?

I break down crying, feeling stupid for letting him hurt me over and over again. I was better off by myself. I clench my heart in agony.

I wipe the tears that keep running down my cheeks harshly and look at the paper that has been sitting on my desk for more than a year. I deserve a break.

I fill the paper in hand and go to his office. I slam it on his desk and he looks at me confused.

"I'm taking a vacation. here are the papers. I have every right no need to tell me I can't, and please do me a favor, don't lose those papers too," I inform him, and was about to get out when I hear his British accent, "that's all you're good at, running away when you need to confront things,"

"I need this break because work is becoming toxic. I did my whole job and stayed a lot of nights up to make sure it's perfect. You're the one who's scared to confront your problems alone because you got used to me saving your ass every time," I spit, then turn around laughing at myself because I thought he would apologize or ask me to stay.