chapter 33

Andrea's POV:

the bullet's sound makes everybody freeze.

the scene we just witnessed was traumatizing. Bailey's once live corpse is sitting on the ground stiff, the head is drenched in blood.

Between the whispers that erupted around, I hear Gabriel mumbling something I couldn't quite catch.

Maybe I could have helped her, saved her from ending her life. Yes, I didn't like her but I have never wished death upon her.

Before I could snap out of my daze, a bullet's sound followed by burning pain in my shoulder brings me back to my senses, I grab the spot I was injured in and close my eyes in response to the loud sounds of guns around me.

When I open them again I see Gabriel's body falling slowly to the ground in front of me.

My brain could not register what was happening, but then I look at Gabriel's body covered in blood and I freeze.

I fall to my knees, "no! No! No! Gabriel open your eyes!" I shout while hitting him softly in his face.

He hardly opens them with a pained expression settling on his features "I love you Andrea and I've always loved you, never forget that," he said quietly with a sad smile.

I shake my head in denial, tears blurring my vision "don't you dare do this to me, Gabriel!"

I wipe my eyes and stare at him "don't you dare leave me! You're not saying goodbye You're going to live and say that you love me again and everything will be alright,"

Medics finally arrive, they move Gabriel to the stretcher to get him on the ambulance. Not wanting to leave his side, I hold his hand and run alongside them while they were doing their jobs.

The moment we reach the ambulance, I was pushed away from Gabriel's side for them to get him in. When they were done I hop on and sit in the corner watching them examine the injuries and work to stop the bleeding.

In the middle of all this chaos, the only thing I could focus on was my fast heartbeats and the pain in my shoulder.

'They'll save him' I try assuring myself but lose my temper when I hear one of them say, "we're going to lose him,"

My chest tightens and the world around me spins. The last thing I remember seeing is the small heart monitor showing a straight line.
      ____________________________

I open my eyes slowly to the sound of low voices. Why do I feel like I should be worried? I wonder looking at the white wall, hospital probably.

I glance in the direction of the voices, Vincenzo and Matia resting their backs on the wall while old carter is sitting at the end of the bed.

And then it all hits me... Bailey's death, the gunshots, Gabriel's injured body.

"Where's Gabriel?" I ask barely being able to talk.

My question got everyone's attention but they still kept quiet, "where is he? I know they saved him," I ask again, my patience running low.

"Is he in operation? How long have I been blacked out?" I go on with my unanswered questions.

Their eyes linger on each other's as if they're talking silently, each one of them declining the responsibility to explain the situation. Something must be wrong but I wouldn't know what if they keep their childish silence.

"Somebody answer my fucking question," I snap not taking their bullshit anymore.

Vince takes few steps and sits by the side of my bed, "calm down Andrea." he says caressing my hair.