chapter 25

Gabriel's pov:

"Explain,"

"I have already told you, he's an old friend," She says, her face neutral, not even a bit nervous, "When you called I was at the university I didn't lie, then he came and asked me for a favor I was gonna tell you about it after the lunch but you spot us before. You saw with your eyes that we weren't doing anything other than eating,"

I don't know why, but I can't believe her. Even if her explanation is logical something feels off, not to forget the second phone I found this morning and the hours she started spending out all of a sudden. Now she's either cheating or still a CIA agent which I doubt because she's not supposed to get into a relationship, maybe I'm the target then.

"Okay, if you say so. Now, if you excuse me I have to go back to work." I announce walking back to the door.

"Wait baby, I'm sorry don't be mad at me." She says, her hand going from my cheek to my chest.

"I'm not don't worry." I take her hand off my chest and walk out.
__________________________

Andrea's pov:

I was back from Italy yesterday, and I have been cuddling my cozy pillows watching vampire diaries.

If I thought going back to my family was hard then the goodbye was even harder, everyone was crying and getting emotional. My mom made me promise a thousand times that I'll call and visit more often, while Papa was telling me to take care of myself.

And let us not talk about Lucas who attempted chaining me to my bed, and then there's Enzo who just told me he'll come to Chicago every two months, may God help me!

My phone starts ringing, snapping me out of my thoughts. I pick up without seeing the caller's ID because I like taking risks.

"Hello Andrea," Says an old voice, or not old but I recognize it and it's supposed to be old. It's old carter, okay?

"Hello old carter, feels good to hear your voice," I speak as I put the phone at the right angle.

"Well, you completely forgot about me, it's your fault that you missed me, Andy," He says in disappointment.

"This last few weeks had a lot of events,"

"what do you think about dinner? so you could tell me about the events," He invites.

"You're getting smoother old carter you might find the one If you continue like that," I joke.

We agree on the time he tells me that he'll pick me up around seven. I go through my closet looking for a good outfit and settle for a really short dress.

Once he arrives I take my purse and head down

We sit in a fancy restaurant, both of us order and time for the story come. I tell him about the events that occurred in the past two weeks, really crazy weeks. When I pause to think about it I  never thought something similar would happen.

Of course one of the subjects was my fight with Gabriel and thankfully he stands by my side.

"Have you considered talking to him?" Old carter asks, the whole time listening to my story silently and he did tell me about how happy he was for my reunion.

"Gabriel? Are you crazy?" I say not meaning to sound rude, "He is supposed to be the one apologizing, but he chose to not do anything. He chose his girlfriend's side and didn't even consider my side of the story. He threw away 5 years of friendship for a few months relationship with a crazy bipolar girl,"

He sighs deeply and starts, "I know he's the one wrong. When he told me about it I heard the guilt in his tone, I know he feels bad and that he misses you so much,"

"Even if–" I start to talk but he cuts me off, "please hear me out till the end," He pleads and I nod.

"This week he has been completely off. He doesn't want to talk to me, I don't know what's wrong with him but if you agree to try I know he would tell you. You're the only person who can help him, please I know you care for him Andrea I see it in your eyes,"

As much as the last Statement is true I can't go back to his life and throw all the efforts I did to forget him away, the moment I go back there's no way I'll leave again. And it's not fair that old Carter asked me for a favor knowing completely that it's hard for me to decline, it has to do with my respect toward him more than my feeling toward Gabriel.

"I'll think about it and see what I can do," I inform him, now isn't the right time to get myself frustrated.

We enjoy the rest of the evening, old carter tells me about his boredom in his huge house and we talk about usual things. When we are done he drives me back to my house and leaves.

Once I'm comfortable with my clothes and on my cozy bed, I go back to my main overthinking subject for the past weeks, Gabriel carter. It's not amusing to think about him, it makes my blood boils every time I remember his useless ass, but a decision needs to be done.

I'm still mad and disappointed in him, but it's not like I don't care at all for his well-being. And after what old carter told me today I kind of feel concerned for him, like who knows what that crazy girlfriend of his did to him.
_______________________

I don't want to go. Maybe I should expand the vacation to another week. There are a lot of reasons to do so, one of them is that I don't want to go and that shall be enough.

okay Andrea, you're no coward so get your ass out of the bed, put your best outfit on and show them that the real boss is back.

I put on my assorted cream beige skirt and assorted vest with a white chemise underneath it.

I look in the mirror and smile to myself, perfect

_________________________

I sigh, time to go in. The first person I see is Ashley like always. We greet each other and she starts talking about what I missed.

I zone out the moment she mentions a hunter or something, probably someone she thought was cute, "oh!" She almost screams which brings me back to the conversation, "one time Mr carter came really late after lunch he was in a really bad mood with a scowl on his face. I bet something happened with his girlfriend,"

"Damn Ashley, you don't miss anything, do you?" I smirk and she smiles proudly.

I walk to my office hearing welcome backs and another greeting which I respond to, it's good going back to work.

I take the files that were on my desk and head to Gabriel's office. I knock three times trying not to do a tune on the door.

"Come in," I hear. Here we go again.