CHAPTER 1 : CONFUSED MRS

The instant my feet stepped into the room, my eyes caught on the illuminating stance light, touching the surface point of the stage directly on the lone mic situated in the center

The instant my feet stepped into the room, my eyes caught on the illuminating stance light, touching the surface point of the stage directly on the lone mic situated in the center. A burst of blue shimmered light on the figure which had caught my attention, for the last six seconds.

"Shit!"

The last thing I ever expect happening to me is my three hundred dollars dress ripping from behind, showcasing all of my covered assets to everyone present in the room.

Currently, I stood at the corner of the large ballroom, holding a flute of champagne, uncomfortably plastering a forced smile on my face greeting those passing by, or those wanting to start a conversation; my raging glare sent them to their heels.

The sophisticated way everyone in the room lifted their shoulders proudly irks me a lot.

So fake, I snorted in disgust.

But that was least of my worries now.

Apart from having a torn dress, I find myself in a tight situation. I needed to find Simone Brewer. Silently I prayed deep down that he would be present tonight. Simone has finally become a busy person, and might not appear tonight, even if it concerns his twin brother's engagement.

My mind wandered back to how I found myself here in the first place, to begin with. My father Harry Snow; well known man with a high standard reputation, though hard and serious outside, but a softy inside.

My father has always been my inspiration, a man with quality, something I wish my future man should have; to be able to withstand pain, standing tall and firm during hardship.

But it's hard to come across such a man in a society such as this filled with frauds, thieves, money starving wolves, the women happen to be the worst. I mean how desperate can they get? Showing off their bank account on their dressings, obviously for competition reasons.

My cornflower eyes connected to my father's as he gave me a brief nod; a sign of awareness. I complied back with a nod, trying to hide my discomforting state. 

I'm thankful he had allowed me to come along with him and my mother. It made it easier to confront Simone Brewer.

I gulped down the entire champagne in the flute, lucky enough a waiter with a full tray happened to walk past me. Immediately I exchanged the empty to a filled one.

My hands were so sweaty I felt the urge to wipe it on my dress. The event-hall room was hot and uncomfortable.

If I need to survive the night I'll certainly need a boost of courage. Though, I'm silently praying I'm not hurting myself in the process.

One of my shaky hands found its way to my still flat stomach. The nerves are beginning to get to me already. But somehow, the courage in placing a strong facade wasn't lost from me. I wouldn't want to give myself away to anyone who knew me.