Chapter 13

"We should really head back to your residence, Kaz. You need rest." Gundham said as he looked at Soda who was looking at the sea.
"I'm fine. I just have a few scratches."
Tanaka shot him a glare and crossed his arms.
"You cannot be serious. You are deprived of your arm, as well as possibly unable to see with one eye. And I shall not mention the multiple stab wounds covering your body."
Kazuichi sighed and rolled his eyes. He knew that he was nowhere near fine, but keeping his facade on was the only thing that was stopping him from breaking down and giving up.
Those words still messed with his mind. Being told that he was worthless and deserved nothing but pain and misery made him feel like he was truly not worth anyone's time.
Especially Gundham's. Why did the breeder care for him that much? Did he really feel sorry for him? Was it all an act that he was putting on just to later use him?

Soda sighed and looked at the breeder and started to tear up.
"Can I ask you a question, Gundham?"
Gundham looked back at him and nodded. He could see the tears in the pinkette's eyes, and was already prepared to calm him down if he were to break down.
Soda hesitated a bit before speaking.
"Do you... Do you hate me? Am I really just a waste of your time and nothing more?"
Gundham stared at him in a bit of shock. Was this really how Kazuichi felt? Tanaka couldn't comprehend what he was just asked. He just stared at Soda who was already crying, but was clearly trying to hide it.
"Why do you think such things, Kaz? You know I would never hate you."
He hesitated a bit before holding Soda's hand and giving him a small smile.
"Do you really love me? How can I be sure that you're not just trying to use me?" The pinkette asked,now sobbing.
Tanaka just squeezed his hand tighter and looked into his eyes. Those beautiful pink eyes that anyone could get lost in.
"Whatever happens, I'll love you no matter what. And if anyone wants to take you away from me, I'll be damn sure to protect you." Gundham said before leaning in and connecting his lips with Kazuichi's.