8 | Much Deeper

^^Vance in MM

DesireeApril 29, 2019 (6:42 PM)

Desiree
April 29, 2019 (6:42 PM)

"Yeah, you should try that shit. I swear to you the flavors gon' be exploding in yo mouth."

"I think that's an exaggeration but ok," I smiled.

"Nah, I'm for real serious. That rainbow bagel wit some good funfetti cream cheese be bussin."

"Well now ima have to try it. You make it sound good now but when I actually try it, it's aboutta be ass...watch," I smirked.

Vance scoffed on the other side of the screen. "Nigga, I never lie. But when or if you keep that same energy, it just might taste like ass to you."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, but you'll have to buy me one when you get out."

"That's if we can find our way to each other."

"Yeah," I nodded.

"...you nervous? Bout graduating?" He asked after a brief second of silence.

I shrugged. "Nah. This is what I've been waiting for all year. Maybe on the exact day that I'm graduating, I'll be nervous but not right now...I'm just glad."

"Wow. That's how it feel to you?"

"Mm-hm." I nodded.

"Well just know that you is aboutta shine when you walk on that stage weeks from now," Vance said, sounding very confident in me.

"Thank you."

"Aight, I gotta go, I just got a two minute warning so...ima call you again when I can," he says.

"Ok. Goodnight."

"Night, Desi."

With that said, the call disconnects and I close my laptop.

"So this is what you're doing instead of homework?" My head shot up at the door to see my mom. Her hands were crossed over her chest as she was leaning against my doorframe.

"I already completed my homework," I said to her, putting my laptop down next to me on the bed.

"Oh so now you're rushing to get your work done just so you can talk to some prisoner that you don't even know?" She asks me in a harsh tone.

"It's much deeper than that so please don't start anything. We already talked about this several times and it never ends the way you want it to," I say to her, getting a lil serious.

"Well I'm sorry for trying to protect my only daughter from what may be her potential murderer."

"Mom, I get that you don't trust him because he's behind bars and-"

"Have you seen his face? It's covered in tattoos and it definitely screams criminal. Honey, how do you know he's not just using you so you can be there for him to steal from when he gets released?"

"It's not like that and ion expect you to understand what's going on between me and him. I'm eighteen now. I know that doesn't mean anything to you but I need chu to know that I'm perfectly capable of making my own decisions. Even ones that seem bizarre."

"No. I am going to call that prison and I am going to tell them to stop him from contacting you. That's final."

She turned away and walked back to her room. She'll never get it. I'm on track with my school work and on my way to college, so she has nothing to be mad about. She really just needs to leave me be and if he really is using me, so what? It's gonna be my problem and mines to solve cause I got myself into it.

End of Chapter