21 | The Answer

DesireeDecember 9, 2019 (5:19 PM)

Desiree
December 9, 2019 (5:19 PM)

He doesn't seem like the type to take the big step. I didn't even know his mind was there. As much as I wanna say yes, I'm not sure yet.

I opened the the door and slowly made my way downstairs. I headed outside and found the car he was using.

"Hey," I say as I sat down in the passenger seat.

"Wassup," I could feel his eyes on me.

I closed the door and turned in his direction. "Vance, are you being serious?"

"Watchu mean?"

I held up the letter. "I wanna say yes. But, Ion know if thats what you really want..."

He makes eye contact with me before he put his head down. "Desiree, if it ain't what I wanted, why would I ask you?"

I shrugged. "Maybe because you feel like you have to."

"Yo," he brings his head back up. "I know how I feel bout chu. I know that I wanna be witchu foreve-"

"That's great and all but-"

"My nigga, there is no but. I'm settling down...I'm ready to get my life on track and start a family wit chu."

I gave him a 'Awww' look.

I just don't want it to be a situation where he was rushed/feel like he was rushed into marriage. This is a big sep for anyone to take and I wanted to make sure that he was sure.

"Then...it's a yes, but only if we can wait til I graduate."

"Aye, you don't have to say yes if you don't want to. If you not ready you can j-"

"Nigga, I said yes because I want to say yes and I feel the same way you do about me. So there's no reason why I wouldn't wanna marry you."

"Aight, in that case..." he reaches over to my side and opens the glove compartment. He retrieves a small royal blue ring box.

He opens it and takes out the ring then he reaches out for my hand in which I gave him.

"Here," I watched as he smiles while he slides the ring on my finger.

I smiled back at him and leaned in. Our lips touched for 3 magical seconds before we pulled apart.

As he got ready to drive away, I examined the ring he put on my finger.

Shiny.

The car started and Bacc Out by Quelly Woo started playing at a almost a max volume. (Song in MM)

"Damn, turn that down," I say, scrunching up my face.

"Why? This song slaps," he chuckled.

"Ok, it don't gotta slap that loud."

"Aight, Aight," he turns the volume down.

End of Book