18 | Problem?

DesireeNovember 12, 2019 (5:31 PM)

Desiree
November 12, 2019 (5:31 PM)

Exam week was coming up and I was stressed as fuck. I been studying since Sunday and ion even think I slept a wink. The only way I'd take my eyes off of my studying materials is if I needed to shower and brush my teeth or if Vance texted that he was coming over.

He brings me food when he knows I'm most likely hungry and coffee when he knew I was most likely tired.

When I say I was stressed, I was stressed. So stressed that my period didn't come. It was supposed to come Monday but it's normal to miss your period like that.

My phone beeped but I ain't check it until it beeped again 2 minutes later.

Vancington🥺: I'm outside...buzz me in

I placed my laptop and notebook down on the bed before I went to buzz him in and unlock the door so he could get in when he got up here. After that, I got right back to studying.

When he came I heard the front door close and the Lock turn but I didn't let it distract me.

Oh, he's 24 now. We celebrated his birthday over a nice dinner cause he didn't want anything big.

"Wassgud," I heard Vance's voice say when he came into the bedroom.

"Hey," I said without looking up.

"How you doin? Lemme get a kiss."

I turned my head up slightly and puckered my lips but I didn't take my eyes off of my laptop.

"Des," I heard him scoff.

"Hmm?" I still didn't avert my eyes from the MacBook's screen.

"Des, look at me real quick..."

"Why?" I finally looked up at him.

"You been studying for way too long. Take a break," he says.

"Vance, take your kiss and go to sleep," I puckered up again.

"Nah, ion want it if it gon be meaningless..."

"How's it gonna be meaningless?"

"Cause ion have ya full attention," he looked down at me as he stood over the bed and licked his lips.

"Yeah you do. I'm talkin to you and only you right now," I told him.

"Your hands is still on the keyboard," he pointed to my laptop that was resting in my lap.

"No they not. They're hovering..." I said.

He shrugged before he placed a big ass gym bag next to me on the bed.

"What's this?" I asked, finally closing my MacBook for the first time today. I set it aside and turned my body.

"Some of my clothes and shoes."

"Boy, why you brought yo smelly ass kicks over to my apartment to stink up the place?" I scrunched up my face before I closed my nose.

He smacked his lips and gave me the 'really, nigga?' look. "Girl, yo ass should be the last one talking.."

I snickered a lil bit while I removed my hand from my nose. "...aight but why did you bring all dis?"

"Cause I'm stayin here for a week..." he said casually.

"Aye! Since when?"

"Since before I came over. My sis told me her nigga and his kids was stayin at her place for a week while their house gets fixed so I packed some of my shit last minute and came over..." he shrugged.

"Oh, ok."

Vance has never stayed here that long before.

"What? Is there a problem wit that?"

I shook my head 'no'.

"You not expecting anyone to come over, are you?" He asked.

I shook my head again. "No."

"Aight then. Come take a break from ya psycho study and come help me unpack," he says as he unzipped the gym bag.

"Unpack?! How much shit did you bring?"

"Enough shit."

End of Chapter