13. *Panic Attack*

Maya's P.O.V

I was in my room. It had been an hour since whatever happened or was about to happen between me and Massimo. 'I know you feel bad because nothing happened!' I shook my weird thoughts away and focused onto my plan on escaping from here.

I knew that escaping from here wasn't going to be easy because of the amount of men surrounding this place. Wherever I went there were always 5 - 6 men on each corner. So, I had to first think about how to get rid of these men. I thought about how it would have been easier if I could get someone's help. But I couldn't, even though I had this instant connection with Martha, Gabby & Zozo but I knew that they would never go against Massimo.

I sighed. It was nearly impossible to get out of here without anybody's help. Suddenly my mind wandered to the man I had collided with an hour ago, Dominic Santorni. He seemed nice even though he had a mischievous smirk he felt harmless. And I had overheard some men talking about some meeting with outsiders. Massimo had also mentioned something about the meeting when he later came to us . 'So that means Dominic could be the guy with whom he had a meeting.' That meant he was the outsider and not one of his men! That also meant that I could get his help. But still what if he was another one of his loyals. I had no other choice I had to take the risk. I had already wasted so much time here doing nothing!

I found myself stepping down the stairs as I quietly made my way down. It was now afternoon and I didn't know if the meeting was still going on or if Dominic was still here or not. As if it was my lucky day because the moment I reached the bottom of the stairs I saw Dominic coming out of the corner, walking casually with hands in his pockets.

I looked around to see if there was anyone around and when I saw no one yes, not even Massimo's men surprisingly, I walked towards him. The moment his eyes landed on me his face light up and his smirk/grin was again on his face.

"Maya! Glad we met again." He said as soon as I reached him.

"Um ya hi again." I said and tried to look surprised because I didn't want him to know that I had been looking for him.

"Well...it's good that you're here because I didn't get to properly talk to you a while ago." He said. I hummed in response.

"So uh if you dont mind let's sit somewhere." He said and I noticed how he scratched the back of his neck. 'Is he seriously nervous?'

'Great! I really needed to talk to him somewhere in silence.' I thought as I nodded and then started walking towards the living room. 'I'm not gonna take him to my room. A complete stranger! I'm not that stupid.'

I knew that at this time Martha & Gabrielle were mostly back in their quarters for some rest or a nap. Enzo was also out somewhere and wasn't going to be back until evening. Now, the only person I didn't know about was Massimo. I didn't know if he was in his office or out.

We reached the living room and then settled ourselves on the comfortable couches. 'These couches are so soft, it feels like as if you're sitting on clouds. Perks of being rich!'

"So, I've never really seen you here before. What exactly are you here for?" Dominic asked. I noticed how he said the last lines as if he was uncomfortable or something. Hmmm....