The Scroll

back at the camp, katara and aang were trying to learn the water bending moves on the scroll.

'i just want to try this one move first and then it's all yours.' said katara, taking the scroll and practicing the 'water whip'

but, unluckily for her, it went into her head instead, leaving a mark.

sokka began laughing

'what's so funny?' katara scowled

'i'm sorry, but you deserve that.' sokka turned to aang, who was holding the scroll for katara, 'you've been duped. she's only interested in teaching herself.'

'aang will get his turn once i figure out the water whip!'

she tried again but it still didn't work.

'why can't i get this stupid move!' she exclaimed, crossly

aang walked towards her, calmly, 'you'll get it.'

anag then proceeded to get the water whip completely correct, on his first go.

'you just gotta shift your weight through the stances... there. see, the key to bending is...'

katara snapped, angrily shouting at aang about how he should 'shut his air hole' and that they should 'just throw the scroll away if he's so naturally gifted!'

sokka and i looked at her apprehensivly.

'what?'

she looked back at aang who was on the verge of tears.

'oh my gosh aang, im so sorry. but, you know what, it won't happen again.' she rolled up the scroll and handed it to aang, 'here, this is yours. i don't want to have anything to do with it anymore.'

aang dried his tears and said, 'it's okay, katara'

'what about momo?' said sokka since momo had been hurt by kataras failed attempts, 'he's the real victim here.'

'i'm sorry momo.'

he carried on, clearly milking the situation, 'and... what about me? there was that time you -'

'no more apologies!' she snapped.

---

when i woke up the next morning, katara was gone.

'wheres katara?' i asked sokka, shaking him awake.

he yawned and searched through aangs bag, 'i don't believe it.'

'what's wrong?' asked aang, stretching as he got out of bed.

'she took the scroll! she's obsessed with that thing. it's just a matter of time before she gets us all in deep -' said sokka, but he was pulled away by one of the pirates.

i turned around and, sure enough, there was a pirate standing behind me, about to put me in a net.

i jumped up, throwing air in his direction, hoping to get the net out of the way but it didn't stop.

i was caught.

they brought me to the side of the river along with aang and sokka.

they tied our hands up and surrounded us so we couldn't even think of escaping.

onec they'd took out blindfolds off we saw that katara was being held hostage by zuko.

i saw his stoick expression flicker when he saw me, but tried his best not to look.

iroh was there too along with some other soldiers and the scroll

'nice work.' said zuko. 

katara turned to us, 'aang, this is all my fault.'